PanaMovie

THE BATMAN OS THREAD - 745M WW so far

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

around $3m+ OD in China.....OW try $10m,Overall probably lower than $25m.....even far lower than my lowest perdiction...

It's really sad for Batman's dead in China

I think DC should make more Aquaman's style movie to open Asia market.

Pls, no trash movie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

A 50-50 split with 400m DOM would be at least 800m WW not 700m..

Who said 700M? But yeah I really hope that despite the poor result in China the overseas gross will manage to beat the Usa/Canada one, given that for Batman films it rarely happens and it looks like it will be a close call

9 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

WoM for Batman there is good. Doesn't matter Aquaman or not - we are talking about almost 50% closure of theaters in China, and capacity cap for the remaining - even Aquaman would have suffered in this circumstance.

You cannot make such conclusive statement without looking at the circumstance.

I said bedore that COVID effect both Batman and Uncharted,But I can't imagine it's so low,I think even with this cricumstamce it will still pass $40m.

In normal time Batman probably cross $60m

Where did all of them get this 30% theaters closure in China info?

opened up Weibo and any legit box office analyst or channel says at least 48% of theaters are closed.

and in big cities, Universities are sealed so students can’t go out and watch films.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Despite the opening weekend in China the international gross is still lower than the Usa/Canada one, at this point I think it will end up like the predecessors and gross 50/55% domestic and 45/50% rest of the world. The possible targets of 900M, 873M (Batman v Superman) and 850M unfortunately are all out of reach

Edited by MG10

According to EntTelligence:

Batman win another weekend in DOM market,gross $36.8m on its third weekend,it's 3rd biggest third weekend gross for Warner Bro only behind The Dark Knight and Wonder Woman.

Overall gross already cross $300 mark,2nd biggest in COVID era.By admissions it's already cross 23m mark in DOM

Internationally ,Batman drop 45% from last weekend in mature market,with $12.1m opening in China,the WW third weekend cross $49.1m,WW overall gross $598m,by IMAX gross,Batman WW beating $47.6m,2nd biggest in COVID era,behind Spiderman-No way home.

No Ukraine release, no Belarus release, no Russia release. Terrible covid situation in South Korea and China. This Batman really didn't have much luck, did he? Will be lucky to cross $400m OS. Month ago it would have gross maybe +100 million more.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Juby said:

No Ukraine release, no Belarus release, no Russia release. Terrible covid situation in South Korea and China. This Batman really didn't have much luck, did he? Will be lucky to cross $400m OS. Month ago it would have gross maybe +100 million more.

And he's still probably crossing 800M when some non-believers refused to entertain the idea of the film coming close to such numbers even in the scenario of all those markets functioning at peak capacity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Juby said:

Well now let's not exaggerate now, but yeah the already low estimates for China and South Korea (since they simply don't care about Batman) have also been damaged by covid. Adding the 20M missed in all the countries involved in the war we could get to 50M missed in total

• ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Well now let's not exaggerate now, but yeah the already low estimates for China and South Korea (since they simply don't care about Batman) have also been damaged by covid. Adding the 20M missed in all the countries involved in the war we could get to 50M missed in total

Is that really true? Because TDK and TDKR did good to pretty good in Korea. Also TDKR did 52M 10 years ago, that was very good too. They are not as Batman friendly as Europe and Latin America, but this is an exaggeration IMO.

• Like 1