PanaMovie

THE BATMAN OS THREAD - 745M WW so far

10 minutes ago, Juby said:

Another big drop this weekend (-46.4%). I don't see any chances for $800m worldwide anymore, even No Time to Die final numbers seems a very hard target at this point. $760-770m final for The Batman ($375m domestic and a little bit more OS).

China Lockdown, No Russia and some eastern European markets and a deflated SK market. Not too shabby, WB need to market more in Asia next time.

• Like 3

I hope it will be able to pass No Time To Die as the fourth highest-grossing film of the pandemic (or the second excluding Chinese films), but it will need at least $780 million and at the moment it seems really difficult...

Officials:

DOMESTIC (49.1%)
$349,203,396

With GotG2 and Deadpool legs from now on, The Batman will finish with around $383-384m domestic (that's an optimistic scenario - it needs better drops in the next few weekends to do so, not in -44/47% range). OS should be over $390m.

Edited by Juby

Just now, Purple Minion said:

Japan $9.8M

Closing at $11M /¥1370M (50% sure)

A Breakdown on previous films:

¥3.47B : Batman (1989)『Rentals : ¥1.98B』

¥1.40B : Batman (1992)『Rentals : ¥700M』

¥0.90B : Batman Forever (1995)

¥1.40B : Batman &Robins (1997)

¥1.41B : Batman Begins (2005)

¥1.71B : The Dark Knight (2008)

¥1.97B : The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

¥1.86B : Batman Vs Superman (2016)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Other international totals as per @GiteshPandya:

Spain $11.5M

Italy $11.1M

Saudi Arabia $9.9M

Japan $9.8M

Korea $7.7M

In Italy it will probably end up with 11 million euros and therefore 12 million dollars, I hope that after being overtaken by Spain we won't lose other positions  ; ) 

Edited by MG10

54 minutes ago, MG10 said:

In Italy it will probably end up with 11 million euros and therefore 12 million dollars, I hope that after being overtaken by Spain we won't lose other positions  ; ) 

That is impossible at this point, Italy is locked for that 10th spot. I am happy Brazil is 6th, could be even higher with a better currency ratio, the dollar is rapidly decling over here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juby said:

HBO Max premiere on April 18th confirmed (at least in Europe).

I've read that in UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Austria HBO Max doesn't exist yet, so at least in those countries the box office won't be affected (but English speaking countries could still use a VPN, I think)

Harsh drop from last week of around 68% (the whole week, not only the weekend). It made 8.9m the last week and needs 13.9m more to get to 400m mark. It needs to have 40% drops or better from here on out week per week to get to 400m because no new markets are left to open. With it releasing on digital platform today it is difficult to see it holding that well. 

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Harsh drop from last week of around 68% (the whole week, not only the weekend). It made 8.9m the last week and needs 13.9m more to get to 400m mark. It needs to have 40% drops or better from here on out week per week to get to 400m because no new markets are left to open. With it releasing on digital platform today it is difficult to see it holding that well. 

We will just have to see how bad the HBO release will affect this movie.