Eric Lasagna

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

006ocmysgy1hnbooz5svuj30u01fmwqb.jpg

Details about March 6 IMAX Premiere in Beijing, China where both (first) Dune & (second) Dune II will be screened before exchange of words with Director start from 19:10 CST (Beijing Time)

006ocmysgy1hnbppakl8rj31400u0n5j.jpg

006ocmysgy1hnbpph73euj32402tcx6q.jpg

Promotion & Marketing Of Dune II ahead of March 8 release

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

9.1 on IMDB with 26k votes, at the same point Part 1 was on 8.5 (now 8.0), so pretty good, it could eventually settle at like 8.6-8.8, maybe even higher.

The fact that this was 9.0 at 15k votes so it actually rises.

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

The fact that this was 9.0 at 15k votes so it actually rises.

Similar on letterboxd where the average was at 4.54/5 with like 70k members watched last night and now with 115k members it's gone up to 4.61.

Yeah it's a masterpiece.

I didn't know the story and tried to stay as unspoiled as possible but I could tell from the end of the first movie that this was shaping up to be something really special.  And it plays like a giant payoff to the promise of the first movie.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Yeah it's a masterpiece.

I didn't know the story and tried to stay as unspoiled as possible but I could tell from the end of the first movie that this was shaping up to be something really special.  And it plays like a giant payoff to the promise of the first movie.

It's building even a third bigger movie. Villenueve left interesting things were in the first novel for the next and from what It's building from the first movie ( i have made this idea from a series of hints in both the movies) he's changing the final of his Trilogy (from the one of the second book) into a new final It's gonna be really shocking.

47 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

It's building even a third bigger movie. Villenueve left interesting things were in the first novel for the next and from what It's building from the first movie ( i have made this idea from a series of hints in both the movies) he's changing the final of his Trilogy (from the one of the second book) into a new final It's gonna be really shocking.

Oh guaranteed...

Spoiler

If he keeps the ending of Messiah..and whatever changes his makes he will keep that a  lot of people are going to be upset. There is no upliftign happy ending a la LOTR.

1 hour ago, Joel M said:

Yeah it's a masterpiece.

Now that you have seen the movies;

Read the freaking books. They are masterpices of Sci Fi. And there is a LOT that is simply not in the Movies..the complex backstory of Herbert's Uinverse for one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Oh guaranteed...

Hide contents

If he keeps the ending of Messiah..and whatever changes his makes he will keep that a  lot of people are going to be upset. There is no upliftign happy ending a la LOTR.

From what he left off from this movie I think next movie will be just a very vaguely adaptation of the second novel. 

Just now, vale9001 said:

From what he left off from this movie I think next movie will be just a very vaguely adaptation of the second novel. 

Actually Messiah is not a second novel; Herbert wrote it as the final Part of Dune, but the publishers cut it out for various reasons.

After the novel was a sucess, Messiah was published .

The first actual sequel was "Children of  Dune"

ANd if Herbert is not faithful to Messiah, he has just lost my respect;. I don't think that is going to happne though. Changes, yes, but he not going to throuf out the Herbert novel . He is too smart to do that.

There's no way that it's as good as the hype says, right? One of my friends got sick and we postponed our tickets to next Friday. I'm edging to see if it's as good as everyone proclaims it to be. 

Let's talk about the Oscar chances. Actors imo, especially with such a very early release, are out of any possibility, if not for Butler (but very very hard to him too).

The difference from the first this time should be more possibilities for Villenueve and a director nod. 

Edited by vale9001

4 hours ago, Becker said:

There's no way that it's as good as the hype says, right? One of my friends got sick and we postponed our tickets to next Friday. I'm edging to see if it's as good as everyone proclaims it to be. 

I just saw I Tiktok guy saying "his body levitating and his soul rising" as he watched the movie so idk man maybe it is.

4 hours ago, Becker said:

It really is, man. 

• Like 1