Eric Furiosa

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

On 1/24/2024 at 9:01 PM, keysersoze123 said:

Looking at early presales, I am feeling very good about this breaking out. My early prediction would be 80/275m kind of run but it could go higher. Its going to be the 1st big opener/breakout of this year. 

Crazy if this comes true 🙂 Now it looks like the most optimal result though I am holding out hope for 300m dom finish. 

30 minutes ago, leoh said:

Legendary is Dune solo owner, if you can’t understand what this means I’m very sorry for you. :) 

And that doesn't matter. WB will distribute and co-produce any future Dune films. Same with Monsterverse (as they did when Legendary was with Universal). 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And that doesn't matter. WB will distribute and co-produce any future Dune films. Same with Monsterverse (as they did when Legendary was with Universal). 

a little correction, WB does NOT co-produce, it’s a solo Legendary Pictures production. WB co-finance 20-25% as a way to get same share in profits.

Universal situation and Sony one are completely different. Legendary now sued WB and cut ties.

Who will release next Dune sequel? Idk but I don’t think Sony would have make any deal with Legendary if there was no guarantee that they would distribute the two major Legendary franchises. Once again, it’s not like in 2014 when Universal gave Legendary a better deal. This time it was Legendary who went after a new distributor.

5 minutes ago, leoh said:

a little correction, WB does NOT co-produce, it’s a solo Legendary Pictures production. WB co-finance 20-25% as a way to get same share in profits.

Universal situation and Sony one are completely different. Legendary now sued WB and cut ties.

Who will release next Dune sequel? Idk but I don’t think Sony would have make any deal with Legendary if there was no guarantee that they would distribute the two major Legendary franchises. Once again, it’s not like in 2014 when Universal gave Legendary a better deal. This time it was Legendary who went after a new distributor.

It all depends on what the contracts say.

And Legneday seems willing to do business with WB. I think they want to do things on a film by film basis, and not be tied to one company.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

It all depends on what the contracts say.

And Legneday seems willing to do business with WB. I think they want to do things on a film by film basis, and not be tied to one company.

“And Legneday seems willing to do business with WB“

this def doesn’t look right when you know legendary sued and cut ties with WB. If you can, read the interview Legendary head gave to Variety.

Be that as it may, this will have no effect on Dune sequel, since it will carry on being produced by the same company and people which produced the first two on movies. :) 

12 minutes ago, leoh said:

“And Legneday seems willing to do business with WB“

this def doesn’t look right when you know legendary sued and cut ties with WB. If you can, read the interview Legendary head gave to Variety.

Be that as it may, this will have no effect on Dune sequel, since it will carry on being produced by the same company and people which produced the first two on movies. :) 

Legendary and WB literally announced a month ago that theyre going to make the new Tom Cruise film together. We don't know what went on behind the scenes but we know for a fact that they didn't cut ties. Also co-financing is literally the same as co-producing. If you funded 25% of a movie, you're one of the producers of the movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Legendary and WB literally announced a month ago that theyre going to make the new Tom Cruise film together. We don't know what went on behind the scenes but we know for a fact that they didn't cut ties. Also co-financing is literally the same as co-producing. If you funded 25% of a movie, you're one of the producers of the movie.

the artistic production of Dune is exclusively Legendary’s. Movies to be made have to have investors, even Disney movies have external investors. Of course I understand the meaning of “producer” you’re using here, it’s alright. Yet when we say a studio made a movie we are saying it is the one which takes the money and makes the film, although that money usually comes from many investors.

41 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And in the film business compnaies sue each other one day and announce a joint project the next.  Lawsuits are often , frankly a nrgotiating tool a lot of the time.

47 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Are they forced to have a partner?

Can Legendary just go "fuck it, we're making it alone"?

Too risky. It is always better to have a partner to share the burden and risks, keeps costs lower for a movie.

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Are they forced to have a partner?

Can Legendary just go "fuck it, we're making it alone"?

Likeliest scenario is they're contracted for financial sharing and distribution. At least on MESSIAH. Maybe other books haven't had the rights secured yet. The Herbert Estate and studio won't say.