Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

The number of people who discovered and loved Dune after release is pretty big. Instead of Part 1 that was an introduction to Herbert’s world Part 2 will be a full action war film with a love story at its core and a satisfying ending, I feel it will open north of $100M DOM and will double Part 1 gross WW by the end of its run.

• Like 2

The numbers some are throwing out around here for this are like maybe pump the brakes a little.  The meltdowns around here are going to be epic when it does somewhere between 55-75 OW. It would be great if it truly broke out the way some think it might but the set up for disappointment is here for sure. 

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It seems I'm not the only one on the 100M OW train

Empire said ATSV would make 500M Dom and that Songbirds and Snakes would bomb. He was banned for a reason.

Luiz is a joke as well.

Not saying it won’t happen but those two don’t exactly have crystal balls.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Knock It Off 1

I am a huge fan of the Herbert novels..at least the original trilogy...and loved the first movie, but I think some people here are being really too optimistic about how big it will open.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Empire said ATSV would make 500M Dom and that Songbirds and Snakes would bomb. He was banned for a reason.

Luiz is a joke as well.

To be fair, it's harder to predict final total than OW since OW can be figured out from presales while final depends on legs and legs can't be accurately forcast numbers/holds/reception unseen, only wishcast.

Luiz is a joke, though. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

Luiz is a joke as well.

Empire being banned has nothing to do with some shitty predictions? He is far from the only person to have some of those...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Empire being banned has nothing to do with some shitty predictions? He is far from the only person to have some of those...

I was (mostly) being tongue in cheek. But he is incredibly biased and often super wrong when he loves or hates certain films. Not to mention his studio bootlicking during the strikes.

11 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I was (mostly) being tongue in cheek. But he is incredibly biased and often super wrong when he loves or hates certain films. Not to mention his studio bootlicking during the strikes.

I'm not even trying to defend or agree with him (though dune2 over 100 ow is an outcome I would love to see!), just saying that his ban had nothing to do with insight, he was just an ass...

I’m sure presales for Dune 2 will be insane, but it’ll probably be extremely frontloaded in this regard, like a mega franchise. The fans are very happy with it and they’re extremely loyal, they’ll buy strongly asap

Expecting an explosive first day, lots of 130M projections but the OW will probably ended up being 85M-ish, which is great 

I doubt it will match Oppenheimer's pre-sales pattern but think it's the best comp for this in regards to openining weekend (should be the most IMAX heavy film percentage wise since Oppenheimer and possibly the 2nd most post-pandemic).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1