BadOlCatSylvester

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse | Currently undated

So the rest of this seems to be about the games but the opening logo is the Miles one specifically for this movie? Maybe it's some kind of general Spider-Man update for Sony? Is that Spider-Verse game real? The last one they did of these was for the Last of Us TV show

Edited by SpiderByte

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So the rest of this seems to be about the games but the opening logo is the Miles one specifically for this movie? Maybe it's some kind of general Spider-Man update for Sony? Is that Spider-Verse game real?

It's a Spider-Verse themed free DLC. The Spider-Verse game was canceled due to Sony backing off their games as a service push

3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So excited for this in three weeks 😭 😭

Me waiting for this movie to get dated:

0LsE6m.gif

Fuck it, forget about when this is releasing. . .when do you guys think this is just getting DATED?

Hopefully get some news at Cinemacon

12 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Crazy how this movie still doesn't even have a release date

Tbh I think March 29 2024 as originally planned would've been too short, something like December 2024 would've been the literal perfect date (in the alternate timeline where they were finished with this movie ofc). Enough time to build up hype + Christmas legs + not too long of a wait.

But now I feel like the cliffhanger hype is kinda gonna die down by the time this is out, which is probably going to be like 2027 or 2028 😭

Edited by HummingLemon496

6 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

How much do you guys think this would've done had it come out this weekend like it was originally supposed to? I'm guessing around $160-170M

yeah that seems right. probably 20-21*8

Edited by Bob Train

On 3/25/2024 at 10:51 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

But now I feel like the cliffhanger hype is kinda gonna die down by the time this is out, which is probably going to be like 2027 or 2028 😭

If they were working on the visuals simultaneously (hence why animators were overworked), I wonder how much is done, and that's before the voice acting. I don't think it'll be that long, maybe end of '25 or March 26.

18 hours ago, Bob Train said:

yeah that seems right. probably 20-21*8

Would’ve done higher previews considering Friday was a holiday and it’s the resolution to a cliffhanger finale

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Would’ve done higher previews considering Friday was a holiday and it’s the resolution to a cliffhanger finale

24.999999M*8 :sadno:

But in all seriousness yeah probably like 21*8*2.85 or whatever for around 475-480 total. And this makes me realize, if it came out this year it probably would've been the highest grossing film of 2024 domestically. 

And what if it came out on December 20th 2024? 20 -> 140 -> 500?

Edited by HummingLemon496

I worry that the cliffhanger factor might hurt it a bit if they delay it too much (2026-2028). 2025 is the latest that it can go without it being a problem I think. The ending was very abrupt and something like an Infinity War-Endgame situation would have worked perfectly for this.