BadOlCatSylvester

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse | Currently undated

39 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

I want to say this would replace Sony's July 2024 Marvel slot. Then either Ghostbusters or Bad Boys takes the March 2024 spot

I suspect Sony wants to avoid DM4 so will not schedule near it.

As I've said, May 31st or June 7th would be their best options. 

5 hours ago, Grebacio said:

July 26 is now free.

I’ve watched like three hours of interviews with the directors and composer of the Spider-Verse films. I don’t think we are getting this sequel in 2024 at all. And I say let them cook. No reason to rush this. If it’s not ready, let them cook. Clearly there is tension behind the scenes because I don’t think the creators think they can deliver this in time next year. I don’t need Avi Arad ruining yet another part 3 of a Spider-Man film.

I just finish reading the article while doing a Chinese translation for local netizens. Now I really hope they can delay the date even if 2025. It's sad that the unsustainable working mode made those passionate artists & techs reconsider whether they still want to be in this movie even the whole anime/film industry. A dream making craft under the studio is now destroying their dreams...There is nothing more brutal than this. Phil Lord and Sony have to make a change.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I feel like they'll remove this from the schedule at first, then address the working conditions internally, and then reinsert it into the schedule a couple of years down the road when there is a clear path to the finish line.

I think the movie was about to get delayed but they had to announce the cancellation of the Bad Bunny film first. Delay announcement probably coming later this year.