BadOlCatSylvester

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse | Currently undated

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Why 2026? 

Because Across The Spider-Verse took 5 years to complete and by the sounds of it, Beyond doesn't sound like it's that far into production. Not to mention if SAG goes on strike, that'll delay things even further.

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Because Across The Spider-Verse took 5 years to complete and by the sounds of it, Beyond doesn't sound like it's that far into production. Not to mention if SAG goes on strike, that'll delay things even further.

As a far as I know, ATSV didn’t officially begin production until 2020, so it would be more accurate to say that it took three years to make. 

As a far as I know, ATSV didn’t officially begin production until 2020, so it would be more accurate to say that it took three years to make. 

Lord and Miller have said differently. Either way even if you're using three years, it sounds like they've at best only got one year under their belt for Beyond (And that's very unlikely considering how ATSV was being worked on right up until the end), three years from 2023 is 2026 like I said.

9 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Lord and Miller have said differently. Either way even if you're using three years, it sounds like they've at best only got one year under their belt for Beyond (And that's very unlikely considering how ATSV was being worked on right up until the end), three years from 2023 is 2026 like I said.

I’ve seen a few sources that claimed they started working on the animation around June 2020. What did Lord and Miller say? 

I’ve seen a few sources that claimed they started working on the animation around June 2020. What did Lord and Miller say? 

Sorry wasn't Lord & Miller, it was one of their co-directors. If the chase scene alone took 4 years, they didn't start with it. So 5 years sounds about right.

1 minute ago, PrinceRico said:

That’s makes sense considering Sony is working on a live action version 

I honestly don't think it's that. By all accounts Across The Spider-Verse was kind of a nightmare production wise.

8 hours ago, cookie said:

Highly doubt they're going to want to rush DP3 to an even earlier date than the one it was already delayed from. It's more likely Cap 4 gets pushed to Thunderbolts date.

They have already started filming DP3 in London; they are aiming for a summer release date for DP3.

On 6/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, Jackstraw said:

It"s been implied in an Lord Miller interview with already this is being delayed they just need more time to work on it, im assuming no later than summer (Thunderbolts release date is probably free, could take that)

Screenshot_20230603_023414_Chrome.jpg

Let them cook. Take all the time they need, there is no need to rush it. It’s clear by interviews and Hailee claiming she haven’t even started working on Beyond that this isn’t making March next year. We can wait.

14 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Let them cook. Take all the time they need, there is no need to rush it. It’s clear by interviews and Hailee claiming she haven’t even started working on Beyond that this isn’t making March next year. We can wait.

Problem is you can only leave people hanging on a cliff so long and they begin to lose interest.

Maybe you can wait, but the GA won;t.

14 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Problem is you can only leave people hanging on a cliff so long and they begin to lose interest.

Maybe you can wait, but the GA won;t.

5 or Six months delay won;t hurt it, but I think two or three years would.

2 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

DiscussingFilm tweet said Captain was moving to August 26 but now I realize it was a mistake since that's a Monday 

That's because the original Variety article mentioned August 26. We should get a clarification shortly if they meant July 26 or August 23.