Eric Lasagna

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The trailer views for the trailer destroyed Endgame.

And the opening weekend was 100 million short of Endgame.

So obviously there was demand for a bigger weekend than 253 m.

Yes, because we all know trailers perfectly correlate to box office.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If AVATAR 2 was released in 2014 as planned, it will be a straightforward sequel. But with 13 years gap now, it is long enough to call it a nostalgic-fueled film. If the marketing and film really delivered, I can see it easily coming in at 150m. The only concern is A2 will surely marketed heavily in 3D but the 3D has been pretty dead almost everywhere. How much 3D capacity will be available out there for A2?  But again considering A1 did 2.7bn with far smaller 3D scale , that shouldn't be a big problem as long as they able to retain 3D showtimes for a long period.

A2 will be the hardest film to predict in many years. We just not sure if people cares or really don't care as it seems.  

Never titanic compadre. As long as disasters don't Shut down theaters I know jc will deliver the next evolution that makes jaws drop. I mean hes worked on this longer than avatar 1 or titanic. Those os numbers could be earth shattwring. Rem domestically and os avatar had no where the amount of theaters of endgame or jurassic world but had so much impact. Very interesting to see what A2 can do in the pandemic era. May still get jc to have that triple world breaker when all is said and done.🔥😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Avatar not have iconic characters, this is The Only problem with Avatar 2. I dont care about the character sorry

THIS. Jim will have to come up with something totally amazeballz visually again to compensate for lack of iconic characters

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

THIS. Jim will have to come up with something visually totally amazeballz again to compensate for lack of iconic characters

I know hes done it twice before without needing 20 movies and 70 plus years of comic book history. So I never doubt his ability to deliver. Titan and Avatar.( no.filmmaker ever pulled that kind of success before) Also biggest sequel increase Terminator 2.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Menor said:

Opening weekend probably not. It's more of a legs film imo.

Disagree. The commodity is too known at this point to be overly leggy. I'd be shocked if it did 4x (domestically). The upfront rush (at however big it is) will be a lot stronger than it was for the original. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

I think Dr Strange 2 is gonna end up being the biggest opener next year with all the stuff I’ve seen floating around online about that movie. 

Definitely possible. Him being in NWH and everything that entails with the views its getting, will definitely drive interest in MOM. It's my #2 movie of 2022 so I'm hoping its as well received and big as NWH.

About WSS. People now say it wasn't supposed to be a hit. I think they are wrong, in normal times i see it doing well enough. Marry Poppins Returns with Emily Blunt did very good and that's a sequel to a decades old movie too.

On the other hand, maybe the fact that WSS is a remake affected it more than we thought

Edited by Maggie

1 minute ago, GoblinXXR said:

Disagree. The commodity is too known at this point to be overly leggy. I'd be shocked if it did 4x (domestically). The upfront rush (at however big it is) will be a lot stronger than it was for the original. 

Yes, but there won't be the rush to avoid spoilers like for something like NWH

10 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

Pandora is iconic. Just take a trip to Animal Kingdom and you will see this for yourself. 

This is what many don't understand, their frame of reference being comic book movies where the main character is the selling point/lynch pin. In fact I would say that Jim did with Pandora in one movie what the MCU has failed to do in what 20+ at this stage?

Why are there still sick and poor people in the MCU when they have AI? They have space travel. They can make machines that do insane things, yet the lives of ordinary people doesn't seem to have changed much. The world of the MCU is massively under developed.

Pandora on the other hand, people will be flocking to see it, to return/escape to that world again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think Dr Strange 2 is gonna end up being the biggest opener next year with all the stuff I’ve seen floating around online about that movie. 

I see the Internet is hyperventilating about MOM too. it won't do as good as Spidey, but i wouldn't be surprised with it approaching 200M OW

• Like 1

Just now, Maggie said:

I see the Internet is hyperventilating about MOM too. it won't do as good as Spidey, but i wouldn't be surprised with it approaching 200M OW

I've read rumors that Garfield/Maguire may potentially appear again. If that happens we may yet see it be huge + plenty of other memberberries they could throw in.

• Astonished 2

Lol West Side Story and Nightmare Alley have joined The Last Duel and Last Night in Soho in adult drama purgatory.  The only one that wasn't a complete bomb this season is House of Gucci, but even that film's numbers aren't exactly good relative to its budget.  Its a good thing the next Martin Scorsese movie(Killers of the Flower Moon, 200m budget) and Ridley Scott movie(Kitbag, probably around 150m+) are both funded by Apple Studios because they both would be mega bombs in theaters.