Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

3 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Well what is very basically clear is a lot has changed for the Dr. Strange character since his first film. He's had an unusually long wait time for a sequel but he was far from invisible in the meantime. He was a very popular part of IW and a major role here in NWH (and a good cameo in Ragnarok). Even putting aside the interest of more multiverse shenanigans I think he's viewed as a more central name in the MCU by virtue of those crossovers.

Sure. But he's still not a SPIDER-MAN, IRON MAN, HULK, THOR, or even CAPTAIN AMERICA, the OGs.  My bet is that by the time promo rolls around, MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS will be the prominently-emphasized part of the title/marketing...possibly even narrated this way by TV-ad voiceovers.  After all, Cumby knows he's already lost that singular battle in the production process...  😉 

9 minutes ago, Macleod said:

IRON MAN, HULK, THOR, or even CAPTAIN AMERICA,

None of these characters were on that tier either before their 2nd movie. In many cases not even after their 2nd movie.

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

Since were all basically just shit posting to get to 100, I guess it’s time for me to finally talk about this movie.  

I felt like from a character perspective they were the most interesting and complex people we’ve seen marvel put out in a very very long time. Maybe I was just exactly the target audience, but I was really desperate for what they put out. And I was very happy to have Sersi, and Thena, and Gil, and Kingo in the MCU. 

Obviously without going into spoilers, because if you haven’t seen it yet watch it on January 12 on Disney+, there’s just soooo much to marinate yourself in upon re-watches. Again, not going to much into spoilers, but (insert redacted character here) is fascinating upon rewatch. Very very interesting and what that character is and also how that actor Approached the role.

I spent a lot of time thinking about how you could improve the movie. I to agree that there were some kinks here and there. And I think it’s one character to many. And again, do avoid spoilers, I know exactly who I would take out. And I think the movie would be a lot more succinct in the first act if that character was not there, and I think that was where a lot of issues are. 

Because the third act? Oh my God the third act is gorgeous. Gorgeous. 

I also have a lot of thoughts on the critical and fan reactions to the movie, but I’m not opening that can of worms. Not even to get to 100 pages.

Agreed with everything. I do believe this movie will be revaluated in the future, not on the "oh it's actually a masterpiece" side, but people will start to see that it have lots of qualities, some of them unusual for Marvel movies. At least i hope this happen, this movie being rejected because of some bizarre factors (that i also won't enter to avoid possible fights) makes me very sad, it doesn't deserve to be in this position.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

None of these characters were on that tier either before their 2nd movie. In any cases not even after their 2nd movie.

Iron Man was. Though I guess it depends on where one thinks Spider-Man was at, because I guess you could also say Cap and Thor were on the level BO wise looking at how TASM2 did.

Edited by Menor

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

Iron Man was. Though I guess it depends on where one thinks Spider-Man was at, because I guess you could also say Cap and Thor were on the level BO wise looking at how TASM2 did.

Meh. IM pre IM2 was higher tier than rest I quoted, but still a far cry from what iron man tier eventually came to mean. Personally I think DS is a similar tier atm as IM before IM2.  

Notably I didn't quote SM, who was definitely higher tier

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why do people hate Rogue One?

It's beautifully shot, got great characters/locations/action, and the third act is solid.

So what gives?

Probably because it's interfering with the Sacred cow that is the original Trilogy, personally i thought it was the best of the Disney Star Wars movies..... kind of a back handed compliment but it si what it is.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's beautifully shot, got great characters/locations/action, and the third act is solid.

So what gives?

With audience scores it seems well rated by audiences and its the only recent star wars movie i can stomach to rewatch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Probably because it's interfering with the Sacred cow that is the original Trilogy, personally i thought it was the best of the Disney Star Wars movies..... kind of a back handed compliment but it si what it is.

It's by far the best. 

Force Awakens is held back by ending up a New Hope clone. 

Last Jedi is held back by not being ambitious enough or being too ambitious, depending on who you ask. 

And Rise of Skywalker is a shitshow. 

Rogue One is a good story well-told, with the best ending of the Disney era. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did NWH make anyone's MCU top 5?

I currently have it at 6. Doing a second watch tomorrow. Let’s see how I feel after that.

1. GOTG

2. Infinity War

3. Endgame 

4. Ragnarok

5. Avengers

6. NWH

Edited by GoblinXXR
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

makes me very sad, it doesn't deserve to be in this position.

I just need Kevin to announce everyone is coming back and we’re doing Eternals 2 at SDCC next year. (I also just need SDCC next year.). Full on “ You will eat your vegetables and like it” mode

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So what gives?

The last 15 minutes of that movie are the best thing Disney LFL has put out.  The scene on the Beach 😭😭😭

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So what gives?

Yes

3rd act is great.  Visuals are beautiful.  A few spots that were a little slow could've been tightened up.

• Like 2