Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

1 minute ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

3,000 locations, just like Northman. I'm assuming Lionsgate/those theater owners felt your location wouldn't sell well? I dunno!

I mean it's a college town where they released movies like American Underdog and Moonfall (and I feel like a movie like this would play better here than either of those, espescially the former). And practically everything gets released here. Kinda annoying too, because I planned to watch this for a movie date. I guess I'm just gonna have to settle for a rewatch of Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I mean it's a college town where they released movies like American Underdog and Moonfall (and I feel like a movie like this would play better here than either of those, espescially the former). And practically everything gets released here. Kinda annoying too, because I planned to watch this for a movie date. I guess I'm just gonna have to settle for a rewatch of Everything Everywhere All at Once.

Maybe showtimes will just be listed later this week

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:39 PM, Porthos said:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-20 days and counting

Capped

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

22.65%

Total Seats Sold Today

Multiverse of Madness has sold...

Final

Sold

% of

Final

Est
Gross

BW:

100.76%

SC:

158.47%

LTBC:

120.15%

ET:

144.58%

NWH:

32.88%

Batsy:

78.81%

Regal:     2019/10901  [18.52% sold]
Matinee:    514/4632  [11.10% | 5.55% of all tickets sold]

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-19 days and counting

Capped

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

23.12%

Total Seats Sold Today

Multiverse of Madness has sold...

Final

Sold

% of

Final

Est
Gross

BW:

102.86%

SC:

161.78%

LTBC:

122.65%

ET:

147.59%

NWH:

33.56%

Batsy:

80.45%

Regal:     2065/10901  [18.94% sold]
Matinee:    528/4632  [11.40% | 5.58% of all tickets sold]

====

Happier now, @charlie Jatinder?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

The Northman has sold a number of tickets near for next weekend already. Would be nice if this could pull a mini-Dune and beat the "pathetic flop" odds and prove there is an audience for starry, epic action films, especially when there's been handwringing (including a Variety article) recently about whether non-IP-based action movies are dead in theaters. 

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator
23 hours ago, Shawn said:

Looks like $1.9M Fri, so probably around $5M wknd (still very good). Got overzealous with the Easter expansion in our Wednesday forecast.

I spoke too soon. This is why I stopped following microtrends so much and second guessing. 😄 Looks like $6Mish after all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Take your date to Sonic. Ladies (and guys, if you go the other way) love hedgehogs.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I spoke too soon. This is why I stopped following microtrends so much and second guessing. 😄 Looks like $6Mish after all.

5 made sense off 1.9 assuming a normal Easter, but 6.2 is a far saner wknd-to-wknd pta drop.

• Like 1

I forgot to check if/how many preview shows were in the expansion so show counts will likely be higher than my report.  It's tough to parse out new theaters on this scale without doing a side-by-side comparison.  I would expect previews to have been much less than last week as most regions already had access to see the movie if they were in a rush to see it.

• Like 2

Menomonee Falls update:

The Bad Guys has sold 28 tickets and has done about 25.5% of Sonic 2’s Thursday number ($1.28m without EA, $1.6m with it), which could indicate a 20m opening of lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

IT WILL BREAK ALL THE RECORDS

Correction for myself since i got hyped: It will probably be quite sizable but not comparable to Marvel blockbusters as we all know (hopefully), since JW movies are a lot more walk-up driven than presales-driven.

27 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Jurassic World Dominion on sale Thursday, April 28th.

20 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Top Gun Maverick on May 3rd.

Man can’t they just wait until after my finals/when Doctor Strange is out

• Haha 2