Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

8 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

How many theaters is A Man Called Otto opening to in its sneak preview? Not its opening day but its sneak previews.

Last week, my sample had it in 560 US theaters and the final count was 637.  

I have it in 2,631 US theaters today, so I'd guess somewhere around 2,200?

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

Just now, katnisscinnaplex said:

Last week, my sample had it in 560 US theaters and the final count was 637.  

I have it in 2,631 US theaters today, so I'd guess somewhere around 2,200?

Thank you. The 2,000+ figure is for today past 2pm right? Just making sure we're referring to the same thing.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

80 for Brady will be having sneak previews on Saturday, January 28 at plenty of theaters it looks like.

So far I'm seeing 66 locations for 1/28 (Sneak Preview) and 133 for 1/31 (BFF Night Out).  There's also a "Ladies Night Out" event on 2/1 but those haven't shown up on my source yet.  Much like Brady's career, they're stretching this out as much as possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Thank you. The 2,000+ figure is for today past 2pm right? Just making sure we're referring to the same thing.

Any expansion theaters wouldn't be allowed to start before 2pm as far as I know.  Looks like only 189 of my sample have shows before 2pm, but that's not to say that all holdover theaters would have shows before 2pm.  So yeah, 2k+ is a safe estimate for previews.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

80 for Brady will be having sneak previews on Saturday, January 28 at plenty of theaters it looks like.

It’s worse than that. January 28 is “80 for Brady Sneak Preview”. Then January 31 is “80 for Brady BFF Night Out”. Then February 1 is “80 for Brady Ladies Night Out”. That’s three days of sneak previews. Who demanded three days for this?

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

The Chosen will be back in theaters on Feb 3 with “The Chosen: Season Three Finale”, expect good numbers for that. Full week, full day showtimes. Tix on sale tomorrow.

The newest Sword Art Online movie also has tickets on sale starting tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, datpepper said:

The Chosen will be back in theaters on Feb 3 with “The Chosen: Season Three Finale”, expect good numbers for that. Full week, full day showtimes. Tix on sale tomorrow.

I like how there’s finally a tv series doing good nums at the BO and it’s some crowdfunded Christian thing 😆

9 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

I like how there’s finally a tv series doing good nums at the BO and it’s some crowdfunded Christian thing 😆

Frankly, Nexflix et all should pay attention here. There’s room in the market for a limited theatrical engagement before streaming release particularly with higher profile/high audience engagement films and series 

Warner/HBO would be wise to set up a Wed/Thur-Sun run for their season debuts and finales 

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

Frankly, Nexflix et all should pay attention here. There’s room in the market for a limited theatrical engagement before streaming release particularly with higher profile/high audience engagement films and series 

Warner/HBO would be wise to set up a Wed/Thur-Sun run for their season debuts and finales 

Gotta take advantage of the mcu loonies here

• Like 1

Just a minor observation from up here in the North-was looking at Missing and a couple of other movies, but VERY few shows/theatres coming up for Cineplex. Don't know if its smaller releases in Canada or what agreements Cineplex might have with Disney re Avatar and releasing screens. Why Im waiting for Antman as that will give me some seats to work with, otherwise yea Cineplex been pretty quiet since the holidays as far as new presales

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Eric the Plane said:

It’s worse than that. January 28 is “80 for Brady Sneak Preview”. Then January 31 is “80 for Brady BFF Night Out”. Then February 1 is “80 for Brady Ladies Night Out”. That’s three days of sneak previews. Who demanded three days for this?

The tracking numbers must be dismal if they're doing that many sneak previews.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

1 hour ago, Eric the Plane said:

By the way, these sneaks will have special "Throwback Pricing" of... $8. So I guess it's a throwback to 2013 or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, datpepper said:

The newest Sword Art Online movie also has tickets on sale starting tomorrow.

Since it's the finale, it will probably make more than the premiere, so it could be a double digit OW haul...