Eric Prime

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Wish Dragon and Fatherhood too

Yep.

Sony were probably the worst offender when it came to all this streaming business this year. Other studios either supplied cinemas with product or delayed to next year. Sony left them high and dry.

• Like 1

Sony sold anything they had no confidence in, it's shocking that all the SPA titles were sold to streaming services. 

WB's decision to day and date on HBO Max did hurt them although some of the titles like Cry Macho and King Richard probably wouldn't have done much better had they been released exclusively theatrical but the flipside of that is that in places where HBO Max wasn't available like the UK, the likes of Dune, Space Jam and The Suicide Squad did solid business.

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

WB is tanking their most valuable franchises one by one

Matrix. DC. Wizarding World. What's next?

I forget the rights situation, but isn’t pretty much their most other valuable franchise Lord of the Rings?   

Otherwise you’ve pretty got conjuring and monsterverse.

10 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

WB: We don't care since we were selling as garbages by AT&T.

Seriously, heads would be rolling if this merger wasn't happening. They've already confirmed Jason Kilar is leaving.

11 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

WB is tanking their most valuable franchises one by one

Matrix. DC. Wizarding World. What's next?

I really can't believe they let the Wonder Woman franchise die like that.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just noticed that NWH going so big means Spider-man will bump past Wizarding World on the franchise chart. NTTD also inched bond past avengers, so it’ll look like:

MCU 25B  

SW 10B

Spider-man 9.4B

WizWorld 9.25B

Bond 7.83B

Avengers 7.77B

• Like 4

IT'S GOING DOWN BITCH!!!!!

Tom Holland just called Scorsese a clown

“You can ask [Martin] Scorsese ‘Would you want to make a Marvel movie?’ But he doesn’t know what it’s like because he’s never made one,” asserts Tom Holland

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

57 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Just noticed that NWH going so big means Spider-man will bump past Wizarding World on the franchise chart. NTTD also inched bond past avengers, so it’ll look like:

MCU 25B  

SW 10B

Spider-man 9.4B

WizWorld 9.25B

Bond 7.83B

Avengers 7.77B

Am I missing something? The Numbers has the Spider-Man franchise at $7.15 billion right now with NWH contributing  $779 million so far.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Spider-Man#tab=summary

10 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Am I missing something? The Numbers has the Spider-Man franchise at $7.15 billion right now with NWH contributing  $779 million so far.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Spider-Man#tab=summary

He included Venom franchise ($1.35B) + what's left for NWH (about $900M if the goal is $1.6-1.7B) to reach $9.4B

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

22 would be an excellent hold for Christmas eve. Any reason why you're going with that? Is it because of eve falling on a weekend? 

Yea, that's my hope. A Friday CE should in theory hold better than any weekday CE but who knows. I can see CE coming in $10M below Thursday as well. 

1 hour ago, Weird Alegion said:

All this talk of Zhao when it was the Watts movie they were going to push all along :sparta:

Even though I think NWH is better and I don’t think either of them should get the nomination, I would be more okay with Eternals than NWH.