Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

22 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Canada usually have bigger jumps on TUE. Weekdays in general are stronger as well.

NWH was flat in Canada yday from MON.

Exactly!  And it should be up as much as 50-60%.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Thats bad for theater owners.

It's ridiculous.  I honestly don't know how they will stay open if they enforce this past next week.  Taking out concessions will kill the profits here.

20 minutes ago, john2000 said:

How much canada cotributes daily for this movie ?

If you take the 10-12% rule (rough estimate) then anywhere between 3-5 mill a day.

• Like 1

Another issue is theaters here only start selling tickets the night before or day off due to changing rules so theaters being very catious and not selling tickets more then 1-2 days in advance. 

That makes hard for people to make plans

Like before people could be like "i am gonna watch spiderman on christmas" but you cant buy tickets now till like 24th evening. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Europe is next. Portugal and Denmark are small markets but those are just a taste of what is coming in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, etc.

Yep, I heard about Portugal,  Everything is getting shut down and a curfew (like in Quebec) is either being implemented or is on hte horizon.

Just now, john2000 said:

Couple with the restrictions and that definately affected NWY  Tue gross.

Tuesdays were up as much as 80% early in TFA's run.  To have to flat is really sad.  It's not fair to the theatres.

14 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

I have a question, Did the majority of the casual movie-goers know Tobey and Andew are in this movie yet?

I went to a Tuesday evening showing and there were still surprised gasps when they appeared. My son even leaned over and said “how do these people NOT KNOW?!?”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Harris said:

I went to a Tuesday evening showing and there were still surprised gasps when they appeared. My son even leaned over and said “how do these people NOT KNOW?!?”

I think for a movie with multiple characters "assemble" like this, more general audiences will come if the info about the characters has been spread widely enough.  

Serious question here, from people who understand COVID better than I do, why exactly is Omicron causing all these shutdowns and restrictions and lockdowns? I know this happened with Delta to an extent, but here in the States they're closing down Broadway shows and sports and concerts and I'm just confused when folks are also saying it's a less deadly variant compared to Delta.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Any country locking down or having these arbitrary restrictions is out of their mind.  

I don't disagree but it is happening. I am losing my mind over this shit. We are essencially lockded down for 2 weeks and I am sure these rules will be extended through January and February.

• Like 1