Eric the Fall Guy

Weekday Numbers (1/3-6) | 7.9 Spider Monday

2 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Of course, and Secret Wars is as good of a guess as any. I don’t think Avengers 5 will do it though, because I expect that to be a Young Avengers type thing and I’m not sure this new batch of characters will have Endgame level buzz for the first go around.

If it is a YA movie (let’s say 2025), my expectation is it’ll be closer to IW/NWH than EG. Maybe something like $275M.

275 sounds floptacular, that would be like outside mcu top 5 adjusted weekends. 

No movie is opening to $400m unless you do another ridiculous multiverse and have all the Spider-Men, Tony Stark comes back, Captain America comes back, Hugh Jackman shows up as Wolverine, Deadpool quips in, and then Luke/Han/Chewy/Vader show up out of nowhere leading the Navi army.  They are all thwarted by Thanos and the hologram of Marlon Brando as Don Corleone.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

30 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I’m calling that it won’t be an Avengers movie that breaks the record. 

Almost every weekend record since Spiderman 1 was basically inflation doing the thing with admission for all the films being in same range.

ENDGAME ripped apart that admission record. Only thing that can come close is only Avengers next event.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Almost every weekend record since Spiderman 1 was basically inflation doing the thing with admission for all the films being in same range.

ENDGAME ripped apart that admission record. Only thing that can come close is only Avengers next event.

Probably but I want to believe there is something out there we aren’t expecting. 

Like I said though, the record typically falls every 3-4 years. Endgame’s will last longer than any other but in the end, it too shall fall to something. 10 years from today, if EG’s record still stands I will be shocked. Hell, if we aren’t at least $100M past it I’ll be pretty surprised.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/weekend-box-office-spider-man-no-way-home-the-355-1234906089/

Meanwhile, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home fell to its lowest daily gross with an estimated $3.9M yesterday, -11% from Wednesday. Daily grosses have slowly fell Monday through Thursday for the movie. The pic’s running total stands at $635.7M, the 8th biggest movie at the domestic box office, behind Jurassic World‘s $652.3M, and ahead of The Avengers ($623.3M) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($620.1M)

3 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Probably but I want to believe there is something out there we aren’t expecting. 

Like I said though, the record typically falls every 3-4 years. Endgame’s will last longer than any other but in the end, it too shall fall to something. 10 years from today, if EG’s record still stands I will be shocked. Hell, if we aren’t at least $100M past it I’ll be pretty surprised.

Within 10 years is compatible with inflation. Today, a film would need to open to the 2019 equivalent of ~327M to surpass Ultron. After an additional 7 years of 3% inflation, the bar would fall to 266M (versus TFA's 2019 inflation adjustment of 268M). 

You're not likely to get a constant 3% inflation of ticket prices, but we're currently seeing real inflation so it could average out to something like that.

Edited by TinRoyce

14 minutes ago, TinRoyce said:

Within 10 years is compatible with inflation. Today, a film would need to open to the 2019 equivalent of ~327M to surpass Ultron. After an additional 7 years of 3% inflation, the bar would fall to 266M (versus TFA's 2019 inflation adjustment of 268M). 

You're not likely to get a constant 3% inflation of ticket prices, but we're currently seeing real inflation so it could average out to something like that.

How about this…

Avengers: Secret Wars 

December 21, 2029

$518M OW

$1.25B DOM

$2.50B OS-C

$1.3B China

Avengers: Battleworld

December 20, 2030

$629M OW

$1.53B DOM

$3.4B OS-C

$1.8B China

I will never understand why Universal decided to sit on The 355 for an entire year vs. paying off Chastain & co. to make it a Peacock exclusive or something. It's been obvious ever since they decided a movie with three Oscar caliber actors wasn't worthy of anything better than a lame January spot that was set before COVID happened that they knew they had a turkey on their hands.

• Like 2