Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

The Lion King 3D was just a different situation and nobody really expected it to be that big. I admit I'm bit disappointed with Titanic 3D's number but well since Beauty and the Beast and Star Wars didn't do that well, I already had low expectations.

Looks like Good Friday is only treating THG well by those #s. AR is doing okay, at least it's not pulling a Scream 4. And what is up with Titanic? It just can't catch a break. With how TPM and Titanic have opened, it just makes The Lion King just look straight up monstrous.

Looks like Good Friday is only treating THG well by those #s. AR is doing okay, at least it's not pulling a Scream 4. And what is up with Titanic? It just can't catch a break. With how TPM and Titanic have opened, it just makes The Lion King just look straight up monstrous.

True dat buddy.

In some ways it shouldn't be surprising TLK and BatB would do better than TPM and Titanic. I mean before 3D re-releases were around, historically it was the animated re-releases that always did the best, aside from the special edition Star Wars re-issues. I guess families like to see those on the big screen. Let's see how Nemo does in September.

Edited by MovieMan89

I won't deny though that I'm still holding out of hope it will have legs this April since there's no major competition haha but oh well I'm okay with it disappointing, just glad it was re-issued so I was able to see it on the big screen for the first time :)

In some ways it shouldn't be surprising TLK and BatB would do better than TPM and Titanic. I mean before 3D re-releases were around, historically it was the animated re-releases that always did the best, aside from the special edition Star Wars re-issues. I guess families like to see those on the big screen. Let's see how Nemo does in September.

I think it also has to do with how accessible Titanic and The Phantom Menace are compared to The Lion King. TLK has its DVD in the Dinsey "vault" so people just can't go out and buy it. Plus I rarely see TLK on TV, if ever. Titanic and TPM are on TV all the time, Spike shows the SW movies and Titanic is just one of those movies that's always on one of the cable channels.