Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

FRIDAY 5 PM, 6TH UPDATE: I’ve just learned that Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games has grossed $131.6M internationally and $269.3M domestically in its first 13 days of release at the worldwide box office to cross $400M total. My sources say it’ll be the #1 movie again this Easter weekend with $12M-$14M for Friday at the North American box office and potentially $40M for the weekend. Universal’s American Reunion opening today is #2 with $8M-$10M today for a projected $25M for this weekend. Universal’s fourquel reunites the original cast of this raunchy popular franchise more than a decade later, including even that hot mess Tara Reid. (For those keeping score, there have been 8 releases total – but a quad went directly to home video.) In the U.S. and Canada, midnights at 37 locations opened with $660K. It pulled ahead of Paramount/Fox conversion Titanic 3D which opened Wednesday and is looking at $6.5M-$7.5M today for #3 and a possible 5-day cume of $20M through Easter Sunday.

Brooom. Brrroooooooom.

April, May and July were records too. Only shows how terrible the first three months were.

The movies released on those months had no appeal, I question myself why I would pay to see some of those movies. April got away because of Easter at the end of the month and made studios shedule is kids movies in that month, Rio and Hop. This year's April is fucked.

FRIDAY 5 PM, 6TH UPDATE: I’ve just learned that Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games has grossed $131.6M internationally and $269.3M domestically in its first 13 days of release at the worldwide box office to cross $400M total. My sources say it’ll be the #1 movie again this Easter weekend with $12M-$14M for Friday at the North American box office and potentially $40M for the weekend. Universal’s American Reunion opening today is #2 with $8M-$10M today for a projected $25M for this weekend. Universal’s fourquel reunites the original cast of this raunchy popular franchise more than a decade later, including even that hot mess Tara Reid. (For those keeping score, there have been 8 releases total – but a quad went directly to home video.) In the U.S. and Canada, midnights at 37 locations opened with $660K. It pulled ahead of Paramount/Fox conversion Titanic 3D which opened Wednesday and is looking at $6.5M-$7.5M today for #3 and a possible 5-day cume of $20M through Easter Sunday.

Brooom. Brrroooooooom.

40M? Oh Nikki :lol: you still don't know how movies perform at Easter weekend?

Brooom. Brrroooooooom.

She obviously just got finished taking a hit off the bong before she typed that and forgot it was Easter weekend so it will have a big Sunday drop. Oh how I wish that number would be real though.

The movies released on those months had no appeal, I question myself why I would pay to see some of those movies. April got away because of Easter at the end of the month and made studios shedule is kids movies in that month, Rio and Hop. This year's April is fucked.

Recession it is, IMO. People saved money for the films they wanted to see. HP: DH ll, T: DOTM, FF etc.

I don't understand what people were expecting from a 15 year old film that's on TV all the time. TLG was a Disney animated film and did better due to Disney's M.O.of holding their classic animated films back. It's really that simple and says nothing about their respective quality or legend. Same can be said for Episode 1, it's on SpikeTV every weekend. Beauty and the Beast was the anomaly. It should have done better than it did, but maybe it just doesn't hold up as well as TLG(I personally don't like B&B all that much). There's also the overkill factor to consider. We're in a glut of these 3D re-releases. Maybe people are just tiring of it.