Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

2 hours ago, coldpurry said:

I wonder if the 7th movie is already greenlit...

With this commercial and critical sucess I think ghostface will likely return

There are already rumours going around about part 7 being already greenlit. And according to ViewerAnon Paramount wants it shooting by October.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

There are already rumours going around about part 7 being already greenlit. And according to ViewerAnon Paramount wants it shooting by October.

The money their making off this one could probably fund another 3 movies...pretty neat for a franchise that was dead 2 years ago

Edited by screambaby

Interesting to note that the letterboxd user rating has somehow managed to hold on to 3.9/5 even after 118k votes, which is way ahead of all the other sequels (2, 4, and 5 are all at 3.4/5, and 3 is naturally the lowest with 2.9). Looking at the wayback machine, 5 was down to 3.4/5 as early as 45k votes and never moved from there (394k now). VI is certainly going down a little at some point, but being the highest rated sequel seems certain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a lot of promotion beyond opening weekend. 

Yesterday Josh Segarra was on the radio stations, Melissa Barrera was on ABC news and Access Hollywood. Today, Courteney Cox & Melissa were on Drew Barrymore show, Mason Gooding is on Jennifer Hudson show and Samara Weaving is on James Corden tonight. 

Mason Gooding, Liana Liberato and Jack Champion also had magazine covers debut today.

• Like 1

I watched it last night.

The first Scream is my favorite horror movie. My favorite genre is horror and the premise of the Screan franchise is irresistible to me.

Scream 6 with the new cast is better than 5 for sure. Many more twists that you don't see coming in contrast to 5, great kills and great pacing.

Scream Franchise Ranking:

1 > 6 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The girl who plays Sam was way better in this movie than Scream 5 where she came off kind of wooden. I’m hyped for a Scream 7.

I read thst melissa (who plays sam) asked thst they change the way they portrayed her character so that's probably the difference

6 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

I watched it last night.

The first Scream is my favorite horror movie. My favorite genre is horror and the premise of the Screan franchise is irresistible to me.

Scream 6 with the new cast is better than 5 for sure. Many more twists that you don't see coming in contrast to 5, great kills and great pacing.

Scream Franchise Ranking:

1 > 6 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3

Elite ranking, my friend! I'm torn between whether I like 2 or 6 better, but the fact that it's this close 27 years into a franchise is amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

Elite ranking, my friend! I'm torn between whether I like 2 or 6 better, but the fact that it's this close 27 years into a franchise is amazing.

1) is my favorite I can flip 6, 5 and 4.. 3 is my second worst  and 2 is my worst.    unpopular opinion to say the least.....for 65 minutes it might be one of the best horror movies period...and then they kill randy

Edited by screambaby

5 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

2 and 6 for second best spot is a legit debate.

I have 6 as second but it's very very close for me.

Also 4 is very underrated and underappreciated imo. It's easily rewatchable as well.

3 is easily the worst and it's not even close.

Edited by stephanos13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kyriacos said:

Mon: 3.66M

Tue: 4.4M

Wed: 3.23M

The movie is EXTREMELY strong during the week

In comparison S5 in its first weekdays did:

Mon: 3.8M (Holiday-MLK Day)

Tue: 2.06M

Wed: 1.55M

S6 is doing more than double

All of the holdovers are inflated by Spring Break, but yeah, this is still very strong. Well deserved for an awesome movie

• Like 1