Taylor

Scream VI (March 10, 2023)

re:Neve

I know this was brought up earlier in the thread outside of spoiler boxes, so I'm posting it in the clear.  VA could be wrong, of course, so it's still rumor/gossip/refuting previous rumors at this stage.  But given the official stance is, "She ain't in the film" I felt a confirmation of that from the scooposphere was safe to post outside of spoiler boxes.

(also something something ripping off the bandaid something something)

21 hours ago, Porthos said:

re:Neve

I know this was brought up earlier in the thread outside of spoiler boxes, so I'm posting it in the clear.  VA could be wrong, of course, so it's still rumor/gossip/refuting previous rumors at this stage.  But given the official stance is, "She ain't in the film" I felt a confirmation of that from the scooposphere was safe to post outside of spoiler boxes.

(also something something ripping off the bandaid something something)

Glad he admitted that he just made that up or got a bogus scoop from somewhere. 

Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega have been very direct in recent interviews that she isn’t in the film. Plus, Paramount wouldn’t ignore that bad press about not paying Neve if it wasn’t true, so we already knew. 

Seen some Paramount trailer guidance pics on Instagram and it looks like they haven’t decided what to call it yet. 

The pic had “Scream VI - FPO title” which is “for position only”. The hashtag at the bottom was #Scream6

Edited by Krissykins

ViewerAnon says he's seen a trailer with the title Scream VI, with part of the M becoming the VI in red.

I suppose they could still change it but I prefer that to the Scream!! production title/logo, however clever the design was.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

ViewerAnon says he's seen a trailer with the title Scream VI, with part of the M becoming the VI in red.

I suppose they could still change it but I prefer that to the Scream!! production title/logo, however clever the design was.

I’m not big on Roman numerals so I’d rather if they’re going with six they just used 6, would fit in more with 2, 3 and 4. 

As a big Scream fan, I'm really hoping for the best box office wise.

But, I feel like it might see a Halloween (2018) to Halloween Kills type of drop.

The nostalgia factor won't be as strong, and the competition will be somewhat hectic.

Plus, how many people will be turned off by Neve Campbell's absense?

I just hope it does well enough for 7 to still be green-lighted, which seems to be the plan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Apparently so! Hoping this week, but maybe to go out with Violent Night? 

Can’t think of anything else it’ll be attached to until Babylon. 

Certainly with Violent Night, I think.

It's certainly a strong pairing. 

'22 went with Halloween Kills, so it seems like a great idea.

Marketing will need to start soon.

I also wouldn't be overally surprised with a Babylon (like you mentioned)/ New Year's drop but that seems too late

8 hours ago, motionpic05 said:

As a big Scream fan, I'm really hoping for the best box office wise.

But, I feel like it might see a Halloween (2018) to Halloween Kills type of drop.

The nostalgia factor won't be as strong, and the competition will be somewhat hectic.

Plus, how many people will be turned off by Neve Campbell's absense?

I just hope it does well enough for 7 to still be green-lighted, which seems to be the plan.

Yeh I think the absence of Neve and the hectic competition could hurt it. 

On the other hand, Scream opened during omicron and had great legs for a slasher franchise entry. That could cancel it out. 

I think if it still does $100m+ worldwide, they’ll do a 7th and maybe they can pay Neve what she’s worth.