Eric the Ape

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

26 minutes ago, Morieris said:

They'll announce the cast for a movie coming out October 2025 but not one coming out December 2024.

lol

video games sega GIF

Sonic's birthday is in just a couple of months. It makes so much thematic sense to save the Shadow casting reveal for their Sonic Central stream at around that exact time. I wouldn't be shocked if he has already been cast, but Paramount can't reveal it yet because of a gag order courtesy of Sega. They are a big outside party who will no doubt have final say over marketing after how successful the first two movies were. Also, this movie's cast was already revealed back in February. Shadow is the only missing piece.

I wonder if they'll have another teaser tomorrow with a bit more Shadow.

We can say it's too early, and hell maybe it is, but we thought they'd wait until June to announce Shadow's voice and here we are.

13 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Hm, okay.  I was still hoping for Robert Pattinson or Hayden Christensen but that's nice too.

Pattinson would obviously never sign up for a movie like this and Christensen just feels like meme casting

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Pattinson would obviously never sign up for a movie like this and Christensen just feels like meme casting

Truthfully I think this is meme casting as well but if you can't meme cast in a Sonic movie of all things, what can you do?

22 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I wonder if they'll have another teaser tomorrow with a bit more Shadow.

We can say it's too early, and hell maybe it is, but we thought they'd wait until June to announce Shadow's voice and here we are.

I imagine they'll take a page out of Marvel's playbook and avoid formally announcing it themselves until a special occasion, like Sonic's 33rd anniversary or Comic-Con this year.