Eric Burnett

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

4 minutes ago, TiagoRodrigues said:

Wow if this happens. Incredible success for this movie. Is 120M domestic by the end a possibility?

Even more actually.Not a lot of competition this month or even next month it's just Batman. 

I am waiting for Cinemascore. 

Edited by Madhuvan

8 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Sony became the biggest player coming out of Pandemic. Sony has really done something else with their film division. 

Tom Holland biggest winner of this decade so far. 

Guess new decade, new leader. 

New decade, old leader. But Sony can pretend for a few more months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

Considering how Disney movies get Disney+'ed I am not so sure about that. 

Even the big movies will surely have 45 days window only. 

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

45 day windows don’t really matter, but in point of fact big movies will probably have 60+. Eternals was small and still got over 2 months.

7 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Even SC and Eternals had more, they'll extend it more for bigger films. In any case I'm not sure how you see Sony being on top this year, Disney has Avatar 2 + 3 big MCU films + Light-year

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Even SC and Eternals had more, they'll extend it more for bigger films. In any case I'm not sure how you see Sony being on top this year, Disney has Avatar 2 + 3 big MCU films + Light-year

5 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

45 day windows don’t really matter, but in point of fact big movies will probably have 60+. Eternals was small and still got over 2 months.

Firstly I think Disney should keep Disney+ date ambiguous, it's decreasing the sense of urgency. 

Secondly, it's not about domination of Disney. If Uncharted was Disney it would have been OTT release. That's where Sony is winning, they are giving their product a time to shine. 

Encanto could have been big box office hit but Disney didn't give it chance. Although yes, it became a big phenomena on Disney+ but they are losing the grip on box office. 

12 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Bold to assume Lightyear gets a theatrical release.

• Like 2

Anyways surprisingly great OW for Uncharted. With a $50m five day, should end around $120m-$140m when all is said and done. With some decent OS revenue, a $400m total should be assured.

Sadly, I guess Tom Holland is somewhat of a sell now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Sadly, I guess Tom Holland is somewhat of a sell now.

Tom Holland played the long game and actually won. I think it's exciting. 

After this weekend he will get way more opportunities than before. Sony must be really happy for locking him up. 

• Like 3

Everyone's gonna claim this is Tom Holland/No Way Home's doing but I say it's entirely because of our new box office ruler The Torch Lady.

Columbia Fighting GIF - Columbia Fighting Mad - Discover & Share GIFs

(if there was a third zombie in this gif it would've been a perfect opportunity for someone to photoshop Disney/20th Century, WB, and Universal all in there lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

53 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

Sony deserves all the success specifically when they were the ones that never gave up on theatres and kept having hits with movies with only theatre releases. Hopefully it keeps going.

I mean...last year's marvel movies that did better at the box office came from them not Disney. Even Venom 2 with half the budget did better. They must be doing something right.

Edited by TiagoRodrigues
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Firstly I think Disney should keep Disney+ date ambiguous, it's decreasing the sense of urgency. 

Secondly, it's not about domination of Disney. If Uncharted was Disney it would have been OTT release. That's where Sony is winning, they are giving their product a time to shine. 

Encanto could have been big box office hit but Disney didn't give it chance. Although yes, it became a big phenomena on Disney+ but they are losing the grip on box office. 

Your claim was that Sony is the biggest box office player now, not about which studios are giving longer theatrical windows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Your claim was that Sony is the biggest box office player now, not about which studios are giving longer theatrical windows.

Well, Sony won calendar year DOM 2020 and 2021, so they are the running 2 year champ.  Til the champ gets knocked off, he's still the champ...

• Like 1