Eric Loves Rey

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

The weekend total come in at near 95m, the highest in a year but isn’t any closer to pre-pandemic figure. Guess we have to wait until batman weekend. I got this feeling maybe batman opening weekend is the only weekend we have above 100m weekend total for the first quarter.

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

The weekend total come in at near 95m, the highest in a year but isn’t any closer to pre-pandemic figure. Guess we have to wait until batman weekend. I got this feeling maybe batman opening weekend is the only weekend we have above 100m weekend total for the first quarter.

I noticed we had 11 movies over $1m for the 3 day. That’s the first time that’s happened in 2022 at least. 

56 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, a look at the same weekend in 2003, there were more than double, 23 (!) films grossing over $1m in the same weekend. Crazy to think. 

Well never be able to go back to the glory days of box office in the early 2000s, but i believe we'll see pre-covid levels relatively soon in the US (summer). What the marketplace direly needs is a steady influx of new and succesfull movies. 

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh, a look at the same weekend in 2003, there were more than double, 23 (!) films grossing over $1m in the same weekend. Crazy to think. 

We are in the world where the top 1% always reap the benefit of growth, hence the disparity.