baumer

Weekend Numbers (THG 33.5, AR 21.4, Titanic 17.3)

Wrath will probably reach 350m WW. Still a financial success but I doubt WB will have another go at the franchise. 21JS is just killing it. If it doesn't lose too many screens before May it could reach a 4x multiplier.

Wrath will probably reach 350m WW. Still a financial success but I doubt WB will have another go at the franchise.21JS is just killing it. If it doesn't lose too many screens before May it could reach a 4x multiplier.

350 m WW is not a financial success for Wrath. The film need roughly 400 m to break even.

Me too. I don`t get the hate that has this book as some kind of literal abomination on the level of BD.

I feel it is bad in comparison to the other two books, it's still a decent book ('awful' was an exaggeration).I did feel that spoiler's death at the end was perfect though. It was very poetic (something which I feel Rowling sort of bottled out on). Edited by boredisboring

Just read through the entire thread. Man, baumer is really pissed about this.Great weekend for THG. I said 40-45% drop seeemed reasonable and it fell right in the middle of those numbers. THG is projected to have one of the worst Sunday drops. Hopefully Lionsgate has learned their lesson and be pessimistic. This number better not go down.

I feel it is bad in comparison to the other two books, it's still a decent book ('awful' was an exaggeration).

If it's only a decent movie compared to the first two people will tear it for eternity and call it dreadful. People love to exaggerate

Potter movies (outside of one or two of them) are way better than the first HG movie, but yeah he may have unfortunately. THG for Baumer is the twilight series for the rest of us.

The only advantage Potter flicks hold over THG is the production design. THG is a far superior film overall. You don't have to be a fanboy/fangirl to appreciate it. This is the reason it's exploding.

Me too. I don`t get the hate that has this book as some kind of literal abomination on the level of BD.

Yay<3 Gurl, you my biff.

I just felt it was far too rushed and it felt like a completely different author. Also the final capitol battle was described/imagined really weirdly (the floor folded away at one point? wtf lol).

It didn't bother me. :P

The only advantage Potter flicks hold over THG is the production design. THG is a far superior film overall. You don't have to be a fanboy/fangirl to appreciate it. This is the reason it's exploding.

Agreed (except for Azkaban, god I loved that film).

You should at least take some solace in knowing THG's success as a movie is almost entirely from its perfect timing at the books height of popularity...it's not a success because of the movie itself, but from its fans and the book (same as twilight though).

No, this movies success isn't solely coming from the fanbase. A fanbase can't take a film to these levels unless it's called Star Wars. It's generating interest from old and young alike, it's a four quadrant movie, simple as that.