Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Sunday drop is too big, with 40M SAT it will open with 129-130M

Yeah big openers usually have solid Sundays but I was just being conservative. I think $130m+ would be a good opening, hopefully it does it. 

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 1

Great number if it's 57M, the worst i can say about it is that it's unsurprising since it's doing exactly what trackers are saying for weeks, but still very good. 

FRI jump was pretty good and 120M is basically locked, it can try 130M. 

Reception is very good good, not only fans loved it but GP is also pleased. An A- Cinemascore for this type of movie is excellent, especially considering the more hardcore fans that could inflate the score already watched it earlier. 

Hopefully with such good reception and completely empty month, this can try a 2.8x multiplier and +350M DOM. 

• Like 3

‘The Batman’ Box Office Headed To $100 Million-Plus Opening Weekend – Deadline

As movie theaters continue to pine for a rebound after being closed from 2020-2021, and more moolah post Spider-Man: No Way Home, the domestic opening for Warner Bros.’ ninth Batman movie (tenth if you include Justice League) is nothing to complain about with a $120M weekend. This is after a $57M Friday, an improvement on yesterday’s early evening estimate. Rivals are seeing it slightly higher, but it boils down to walk-up business on Saturday.

A heavy male crowd here for The Batman at 67% with the roaring moviegoing 18-34 crowd repping 62%. Diversity draw was 41% Caucasian, 26% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black, and 16% Asian/other. Imax and PLF are repping 33% of the weekend cash register to date. How big is this opener? Thirteen theaters grossed over $100K, close to 50 runs over $75K and close to 200 over $50K, and that was for Friday alone.

Edited by Borobudur
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Anyone spinning this as good is full of it. I suppose it could be worse, but this is not good.

It'll beat Venom by around 40M on OW as the second biggest Pandemic weekend. I'm sorry but this is a good weekend. It sets up the sequel like Batman Begins did. Saturday could come in stronger then expected since Friday should be some deflated by previews on Tuesday and Wednesday which push the weekend closer to 135M OW.

I just think folks looking for 150M OW or even DH2's OW were setting the movie up for failure. Tracking thread was spot on that 120-130M OW.

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

It'll beat Venom by around 40M on OW as the second biggest Pandemic weekend.

Who caaaaaaaaaares. Such an uninformative statement. If Sat sees a nice bump and it comes 135+, that is medium. If sat is weaker and it’s 125, medium. It’s neither spectacular nor bad, what is so hard about this.

• Like 1