Eric is Anxious

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

6 minutes ago, setna said:

You forget E.T., is the second with 101 days.

Didn't take movies prior to 1990s, simple reason is there are more movies other than ET which will be there but don't have daily box office grosses available.  I did put it up in note, will add in main text too.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 2

I think it should be able to pick up:

13th Sat

13th Sun

14th Sat

Pretty easily. If things get wild (well, medium wild) can possibly nab 1 more sun, 1-2 more Sat, and maybe 1 more Fri.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

I think it should be able to pick up:

13th Sat

13th Sun

14th Sat

Pretty easily. If things get wild (well, medium wild) can possibly nab 1 more sun, 1-2 more Sat, and maybe 1 more Fri.

is there any long weekend coming?

42 minutes ago, Caylu said:

is there any long weekend coming?

No proper holiday mon until Memorial Day Weekend in 12 weeks. Easter in 6 weeks will have a boosted Mon but it might not even make 100k there since it will be after Morbius Sonic Dumbledore.

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

The streaming impact won’t kick in as straightforward as many think las if we will only suddenly see the impact on the week when a movie hit streaming. The impact may very well kick in right in the 2nd week or so. Not to mention hbo max here is a free access, not a PVOD

Yeah plus not just domestic but overseas as well. And it is not a clear cut % drop on that particular week I feel - because there will be people who knows an online release is impending (i.e. 1 week before) and decide not to head to the theater as they can watch it at home the week after.

Edited by TigerPaw

Can someone change the name of the topic? If The Batman tops It Chapter One OW then it is NOT the biggest WB opening since IT, it is the biggest since Suicide Squad (2016). And how The Batman can be the first +100m non-Disney opener? Spider-Man: No Way Home (Sony!) OW was $260m 3 months ago.

Anyway, great domestic opening for The Batman. Shame the rest of the world didn't add that much. Maybe Japan and China will help.

7 minutes ago, Juby said:

Can someone change the name of the topic? If The Batman tops It Chapter One OW then it is NOT the biggest WB opening since IT, it is the biggest since Suicide Squad (2016). And how The Batman can be the first +100m non-Disney opener? Spider-Man: No Way Home (Sony!) OW was $260m 3 months ago.

Anyway, great domestic opening for The Batman. Shame the rest of the world didn't add that much. Maybe Japan and China will help.

It says “non-Disney affiliated”. Maybe someone updated it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juby said:

And how The Batman can be the first +100m non-Disney opener? Spider-Man: No Way Home (Sony!) OW was $260m 3 months ago.

NWH was produced by Disney too. 

I agree that “biggest since It” is weird when it is bigger than It.

10 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Opened at no.1 in 73 / 74 markets according to deadline - so portugal is the one. Haha.

OW under Uncharted OW, but still #1 this week. India should be only exception.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

OW under Uncharted OW, but still #1 this week. India should be only exception.

Ah made sense - read the previous post incorrectly; thought it opened below unchartered (not lower OW).

Seems like India is the only exception.