Eric is Anxious

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

First Avenger at midnight was the only late show I ever did... back when those were a thing.

Midnight shows were fun when they were the only option, but with showings spread out now, I don't get the 3am shows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

93% verified AS    1k ratings

93% All Audience  5k ratings

Still A-  CS range territory

Probably settling like 88-91? Should be A- with a slim chance of one up or down.

Was pretty good, beautifully shot, loved Catwoman and the depiction of Gotham, fun mystery plot. Great score as well.

Pattinson a mixed bag, he has the dark side of Batman down but felt a bit one dimensional.

Did not like the performance of Riddler. Felt too "generic crazy dude" for me. Also did find the climax sort of tacked on.

Overall a strong first outing but I don't think I liked it as much as any of the Nolan films.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

@Cap a fellow TFA lover

@Porthos too I guess ;) 

Well I wouldn't say I love TFA as I reserve that qualifier for other films in the series, but it's very good, yes.

We are talking about the same film, right? :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Batman fucks so hard, you guys. Might be my favorite Batman movie as well as one of the stand out of recent CBMs alongside Logan and Spider-Verse.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well I wouldn't say I love TFA as I reserve that qualifier for other films in the series, but it's very good, yes.

I hope we’re not talking about the same movie because there’s no way that Thor or Iron Man are better than captain America the first avenger, you crazy. You out of your mind.!!!!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sure, start a Last Jedi discussion here, because we want this thread to go completely off the rails before morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Sure, start a Last Jedi discussion here, because we want this thread to go completely off the rails before morning.

Look if we can hit 100 pages then it will open to 260, that is just math.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Joke's on you! I was obliquely referring to Rogue One and Return of the Jedi! 😛  

(and OG Star Wars, of course)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Yea... let’s just say this ended up being FAR more walkup heavy than I ever would have thought :ohmygod: If this keeps up over the entire weekend... we’re in for a treat.

101 OW

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Villain Legion said:

Probably settling like 88-91? Should be A- with a slim chance of one up or down.

B+ can also happen at 88% just like joker . May not be r rated but I think it's skewing for that joker audience too and the runtime may turn some abit off so . So B+ wouldn't surprise me either.

Considering it is a work night in March and this movie is a legit three hours long, I'm not gonna freak out at any preview number. That's asking alot of people. I honestly think this is headed for like 18m previews but a much better weekend IM than some previous DC movies have had.

Movie is terrific btw. Had qualms that held it back a bit but overall.....excellent.

• Like 13