Eric S'ennui

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Death on the Nile getting a sequel. Hmm.

I’m just reading through this. 
As much as it’s good they’re carrying on making ‘Fox style’ movies, just hearing him get excited about a new Predator movie when it’s debuting on tv just sums it all up. 

What Predator fan wants to watch a new movie for the first time on Hulu or Star? FML. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 6:16 AM, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

In a way, The Batman is a throwback to the superhero movies of old. In a day and age where every superhero movie is connected to some sprawling storyline, has callbacks and nostalgic references, and is basically an advertisement for unrelated movies and streaming shows, The Batman is its own thing. It tells its own story, while still feeling epic and massive and brave and bold all at once. It’s a refreshing feeling and in many ways helps it stand out from the MCU and DCEU juggernauts.

I dunno man, seems like just another bleak-as-shit grim-dark Bat-movie and we’ve had like a half-dozen of those already. Hardly new ground being broken here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Plain Old Tele said:

I dunno man, seems like just another bleak-as-shit grim-dark Bat-movie and we’ve had like a half-dozen of those already. Hardly new ground being broken here. 

Look my job with these posts is to hype people up. Don't judge me :lol: 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I am once again asking you to watch a movie before you comment on the contents. 

Feel The Bern Meme GIF by Bernie Sanders

Maybe I'll just ban you for trolling. Will be a peaceful weekend thread at least

🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I think your just too old for this shit.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Superhero/Batman films being described as “bleak and dark” always makes me giggle, when I think about some of the films I’ve seen 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Superhero/Batman films being described as “bleak and dark” always makes me giggle, when I think about some of the films I’ve seen 😂

After seeing Audition and Martyrs back to back like 4 to 5 years ago i refuse to call other films bleak lol.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

After seeing Audition and Martyrs back to back like 4 to 5 years ago i refuse to call other films bleak lol.

Oooh what a double bill 😂! Eden Lake and We Need to Talk About Kevin instantly sprung to mind too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

TELE

WE MEET AGAIN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I am once again asking you to watch a movie before you comment on the contents. 

Feel The Bern Meme GIF by Bernie Sanders

Maybe I'll just ban you for trolling. Will be a peaceful weekend thread at least

🤷‍♂️

What if he isn’t trolling. What if he is telling the truth?

In all seriousness, if this does only open to $20m previews/$100-110m opening weekend, that is EXTREMELY concerning for the young adult/adult tentpole level film. Awareness is huge, reviews are great, its massively famous IP, it has the market to itself. If The Batman only does 2x UNCHARTED, something is seriously wrong with the 25 and over demographic and all studios should be concerned about it. Almost certainly a victim of streaming.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, excel1 said:

In all seriousness, if this does only open to $20m previews/$100-110m opening weekend, that is EXTREMELY concerning for the young adult/adult tentpole level film. Awareness is huge, reviews are great, its massively famous IP, it has the market to itself. If The Batman only does 2x UNCHARTED, something is seriously wrong with the 25 and over demographic and all studios should be concerned about it. Almost certainly a victim of streaming

YRW WB makes Reeves "marvelize" the sequel

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

In all seriousness, if this does only open to $20m previews/$100-110m opening weekend, that is EXTREMELY concerning for the young adult/adult tentpole level film. Awareness is huge, reviews are great, its massively famous IP, it has the market to itself. If The Batman only does 2x UNCHARTED, something is seriously wrong with the 25 and over demographic and all studios should be concerned about it. Almost certainly a victim of streaming.

They're on crazy pills with the $100m number over there in the tracking thread. They've lost the plot.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Derpity said:

They're on crazy pills with the $100m number over there in the tracking thread. They've lost the plot.

I agree in part.  I purposely booked a Saturday 2pm viewing b/c with previews running 25-30 minutes before a movie, this will be a 3.5 hour experience.  And I need to eat and sleep and find time in my schedule.  So, I expect Saturday (and even Sunday) to be a very, very good day.  I don't expect weeknights to be as good b/c this movie is asking for so much time and attention.  Uncharted was an hour shorter - that's more weeknight doable...

• Like 1