Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Batman has never gone through a reboot before that opened to modest numbers (at least by its own franchise standards)

Batman Begins opened to 72m over 5 days (48m over FSS), Batman in 89 opened to 40m over FSS and legged out to 250m, Begins got to only 206m

15 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

He said under 20 previews and under 100 weekend. Constantly. how is that right?

*browser ate my first attempt at this post - grrr*

At the risk of continuing this argument, the bolded simply isn't true.  While @Villain Legion (it's only fair to tag him) did raise the possibility of sub 20m previews more than once, that was supported by the totality of tracking data we had at the time.

What he did not do is say this would come in under 100m, as his predicted ranges were pretty consistent in the 105m-115m, while allowing for the possibility of it being higher if it followed Batman Begins trajectory/opening.  "Facts are stubborn things" as the old phrase goes.  And the fact is, while he might have broached 100m as a possibility or not-impossible he didn't say it would be under and he definitely didn't say it "constantly".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

…-.  Hell, once upon a time we actually had enough discussion in them to regularly have daily weekday threads.  …

Aehm, did we loose those? I hope not 😳

12 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Batman Begins opened to 72m over 5 days (48m over FSS), Batman in 89 opened to 40m over FSS and legged out to 250m, Begins got to only 206m

8 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

batman begins

BhSb1plIMAAsirr.jpg

• Like 2

Speaking of Super Pets, the new teaser revealing Keanu Reeves Batman got decent reception at my campus screening last night.

Since I’m like 85% sure Lightyear is going to the Plus come April, a fun club would be Super Pets > Lightyear

Edited by YourMother

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Aehm, did we loose those? I hope not 😳

We now tend to have a catch-all Mon-Thr thread (or Tue-Thr thread in case of holiday weekends), now known as the Weekdays thread.  And even then it's pretty sparse posting at times.

But recently we've only had a daily thread when there was a mega blockbuster like NWH.  Hopefully with more people coming back, there'll be more of a reason to have daily threads. :)

• Like 2

Locally, The Batman is perhaps an hour or so away from having the second-biggest true Friday of the pandemic era (behind NWH of course). And given how strong walk-ups were last night, I'm genuinely curious how high it could soar...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 2

Ladies and gents, we know what time it is. In a few hours we must summon the number gods with their favorite offers. Shirtless Men. So whip out pictures of actors shirtless, I’ll do my part now:

Robert-Pattinson-batman-trailer-embed-1.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Locally, The Batman is perhaps an hour or so away from having the second-biggest true Friday of the pandemic era (behind NWH of course). And given how strong walk-ups were last night, I'm genuinely curious how high it could soar...

So currently the 2nd biggest TF of the pandemic era is ~$26M. What was the “walk up” percentage compared to presales for your area last night?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This thread is rapidly turning from potential sweet mega sexual box office orgasms into an anti-climatic 30 seconds jizz.

FYC: CJohn, Boffy 2022 funniest poster.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1