Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

i kind of see where you’re coming from. They’ve got to start somewhere though, and the real gravy box office wise will come with the sequel. 

As for Joker (and I really liked that too) - it was perhaps the greatest form of film plagiarism as I’ve ever seen. The irony being the masses hadn’t seen the films it was straight up lifting from.  It was dramatically less fresh and original than The Batman, as a film at least. 

I think Joker's general audience reception is not because they think that it is original, but joker is a relatable characters in our today world now. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It was dramatically less fresh and original than The Batman, as a film at least. 

I love The Batman, but it's by no means an original or fresh movie. The Sev7n and Zodiac similarities couldn't be more obvious even if they tried to hide it. Mix that with a little of Chinatown, and you got the movie. 

I'm not saying it's good or bad, most comic book movies steal from other movies. But taking from other movies is not something as bad as people say, or even illegal. If that was the case, Tarantino should be in jail. 

The Batman is still an amazing movie.

7 minutes ago, Borobudur said:
- (5) Sing 2 Universal $330,000 +96% -21% 2,026 $163 $152,402,735 73

Nobody cares anymore perhaps but Sing2 survived Batman crash. With spring break coming, the movie can actually come very close to 160m. 

Easily pass AQP2 and NTTD on 2021 charts, maybe Eternals.

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

meh.

Honestly,  your shtick is getting old. 130M is a great opening with strong WOM 350M is on table. Sequel has potential to blowup like TDK did. Fantastic beginning as a franchise starter after the BvS and JL debacle.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Terrific said:

I love the Nolan movies, but Batman was not the world’s greatest detective in them. 
The let’s-do-ballistics! scene in TDK was not a highlight. 

I love the  Nolan Batman ( well, the first two and half films, I thought the second half of TDKR sort of blew it in the  ninth) but he did not do much detecting in it. a little in  Batman Rises and not much after that.

Seeing Batman actully get to be a detective is one of the things I am looking forward to when I see it tonight.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Easily pass AQP2 and NTTD on 2021 charts, maybe Eternals.

Sing 2 doing 170m kind of proves that TR would’ve been fine.

Fuck Bob Chapek

• Like 1