CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

39 minutes ago, JWR said:

Sounds like we're in for what could be the most gnarly Alien movie to date.

I love it.

Reminds me of... Alien vs Predator: Requiem. Young adult horror flick about dumb teenagers vs xenomorphs with C-level cast that tries mask absence of plot and characters with excessive gore and shock value. It worked so great last time we are truly in for a treat! But I'm not gonna be there to witness this masterpiece, I don't watch movies that remind me of a movie I gave 1/10 to.

Edited by Firepower

38 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Reminds me of... Alien vs Predator: Requiem. Young adult horror flick about dumb teenagers vs xenomorphs with C-level cast that tries mask absence of plot and characters with excessive gore and shock value. It worked so great last time we are truly in for a treat! But I'm not gonna be there to witness this masterpiece, I don't watch movies that remind me of a movie I gave 1/10 to.

I mean, Requiem had other issues beyond the tasteless gore that made it bad. But point taken. I hope it's not as mean-spirited and needless edgy as that wreck was. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Firepower said:

requiem had many many many many many more problems than just "shocking gore and tasteless attitude" 

• Like 3

Feel like Disney should have moved this to September 20th to let it have some time to itself, but now the Pitt/Clooney film is there. October already has Joker, Smile and Wolf Man that are all targeting similar audiences to Alien so it can't even take advantage of the Halloween corridor. 

It's probably best to keep it in August right now but that's starting to get packed now. It's current date now has it going up against Horizon Part 2, and August 30th will be a week before Beetlejuice. Maybe Aug 23rd would work so it has some breathing room?

Is Horizon Part 2 really going to be much competition? The trailer for part 1 looks TV movie bad and unless the first part hits the zeitgeist for some reason, part 2 could easily be even smaller than the first part. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

8 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Is Horizon Part 2 really going to be much competition? The trailer for part 1 looks TV movie bad and unless the first part hits the zeitgeist for some reason, part 2 could easily be even smaller than the first part. 

I mean if part one is received poorly maybe, but people love when Kevin Costner is riding a horse.

7 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I mean if part one is received poorly maybe, but people love when Kevin Costner is riding a horse.

Maybe. But probably not a big factor for the horror audience this movie will presumably be targeting. 

33 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Damn a complete C list cast. Dont mean to be harsh but the Alien movies usually have more prestigious casts than the usual genre films 

That's because it's gonna be a cheap B movie about dumb teenagers vs xenomorphs, so I guess C-list cast is appropriate here, right in line with its main inspiration - AvP: Requiem.

Edited by Firepower
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

That's because it's gonna be a cheap B movie about dumb teenagers vs xenomorphs, so I guess C-list cast is appropriate here, right in line with its main inspiration - AvP: Requiem.

not even a single screenshot from the movie and your already making dumbass claims 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cailee Spaeny just earned plenty of praise (including a Golden Globe nomination) for Priscilla, so not exactly a low-rent choice in lead. Hopefully this is good and does well for her sake if nothing else.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

not even a single screenshot from the movie and your already making dumbass claims 

We have cast, we have concept, we have interviews, we have enough info and yet you decided to write a dumbass reply for whatever reason. I'm not gonna play your cope game, sorry, this movie is dead on arrival, unless you love the idea of degrading a once grade A big budget sci-fi franchise to a cheap teen slasher that relies on shock value, then I guess you're gonna love this.

Edited by Firepower

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

We have cast, we have concept, we have interviews, we have enough info and yet you decided to write a dumbass reply for whatever reason. I'm not gonna play your cope game, sorry, this movie is dead on arrival, unless you love the idea of degrading a once grade A big budget sci-fi franchise to a cheap teen slasher that relies on shock value, then I guess you're gonna love this.

This franchise has not been grade A since Aliens back in 1986.

• Like 1

Moderation

@cooldude97 @Firepower please do not insult each other over this silly horror movie. Treat your fellow BOT members with respect, or get out.

Also to Firepower, we’re not doing this “lol this is an epic failure confirmed” stuff. These types of proclamations, especially the condescending tone you’re having towards people who dare to have a different opinion than yours is uncool and unnecessary, especially when we haven’t seen a frame of this movie. If you’re not interested in this movie, then why bother posting in this thread?

Now please everybody be nice, or threadbans or warning points will come your way. Thank you.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Can you tell me what the movie is about? The setting etc?

Distant colony setting, about group of teenagers, takes place between 1 and 2, another Ripley-sque lead character, nasty violence. All confirmed by trades or interviews with the cast.

34 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

This franchise has not been grade A since Aliens back in 1986.

Quality-wise yes, but budget wise it was always big budget production with the exception of AvP flicks and this.

Edited by Firepower

33 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Distant colony setting, about group of teenagers, takes place between 1 and 2, another Ripley-sque lead character, nasty violence.

Distant colony setting, taking place between 1 and 2, nasty violence, all get a thumbs-up from me.

Group of teenagers.... again.... iffy.

But really, any concept can be good, what matters is the execution.