Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

10 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

https://kinobusiness.com/kassovye_sbory/weekend/2018/20.05.2018/usd/

Weekend actuals. A bit better for Deadpool 2. Now 13th best OW all-time. 

Avengers: Infinity War is now the biggest movie all-time in Ukraine. 98.7 mln UAH or $3.77 mln. 

Deadpool 2 started with №8 OW all-time. 25.9 mln UAH or $990k OW and 31.62 mln UAH or $1.2 mln with previews. 

In a massively inflating local currency. 

Yes, Avatar is still far ahead in admissions. Still all records are always in local currency.

Solo has very low presales compared to other Star Wars movie. But this time presales started really late.

I think general audience and even fanboys are tired of Star Wars. And disappointed too. 4 mediocre films in 29 months is definitely too much.

Edited by juni78ukr

1 minute ago, juni78ukr said:

Yes, Avatar is still far ahead in admissions. Still all records are always in local currency.

Solo has very low presales compared to other Star Wars movie. But this time presales started really late.

I think general audience and even fanboys are tired of Star Wars. And disappointed too. 4 films in 29 months is definitely too much.

Well superhero movies don't have that problem it seems.

2 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

I think general audience and even fanboys are tired of Star Wars. And disappointed too. 4 mediocre films in 29 months is definitely too much.

Is that the consensus in Russia/Ukraine? Or is it the consensus among SW fans in general? Because I thought that TFA & R1 were pretty good, especially the latter. TLJ was atrocious though. 

The Force Awakens already had very mixed word of mouth and many were disappointed. Rogue One had the story and characters no one really care about. The Last Jedi might be the worst one but not by a wide margin. 7.1, 7.2 and 6.9 on the biggest Russian movie site. That's on par with first three Transformers movies. 

• Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Movie about the major, probably the most popular character doing less than the movie about characters no one heard before? That is really bad. 

I understand where you getting at but in France the OD was 1/3 of RO and in italia it was down 40%, Hong kong it was 20% off TLJ and that did $2.53m and RO did a $2.15m OW, so if Solo's OD follows same % drop as OD it would only make $0.52m OW, 70% + drop in Hong Kong.

That's why I said that $4.5m would be good, it would 'only' be a 20% drop.

Edited by pepsa

looking at these box office rankings from last year, I was hoping maybe Solo could get from 10-16 million based on the success of Valerian, The Last Jedi, and Logan.  Just glancing at a few of the films OW to final ratio, it seems blockbusters get around 2.0 multiplier and maybe 2.5 with optimistic rounding.  3.0m OW x 2.5 multiplier = 7.5 million.

here is the box office from American movies I was drawing comparison from spots #50 - #9 from the 2017 yearly Russia box office

Spoiler

Resident Evil - 6.3 

Emoji Movie - 6.7

Alien: Covenant - 7.5

Wonder Woman - 8.5

Ghost in the Shell - 8.54

The Dark Tower - 8.85

Coco - 9.40

Split - 9.99

Blade Runner 2049 - 10.04

Geostorm - 10.10

XXX: Xander Cage - 10.33