Brainbug

Jurassic World Dominion OS Thread

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Japan it's hard reach even 50m

even Top Gun 2 ‘only’ reach 75m in Japan,comps with thisvI think 40-50m is already good for JWD

But JWD has a factor, JW series is really popular, Jurassic Park did 125 million, so i guess it is a loved movies.

Maybe the original cast work here in favor atleast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

But JWD has a factor, JW series is really popular, Jurassic Park did 125 million, so i guess it is a loved movies.

Maybe the original cast work here in favor atleast. 

JW is popular nearly everywhere back to 2015,but for now just flop.

I am seeing around $575M without Japan. DOM shall hit $375M. So billie depend on Japan. 

FK did ¥8.07 billion in Japan. Expecting Dominion around ¥6.5-7 billion, so that will be around $47-51M.

That will be enough for billie. 

Except China & Japan, the drop from FK seems like 20% internationally. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am seeing around $575M without Japan. DOM shall hit $375M. So billie depend on Japan. 

FK did ¥8.07 billion in Japan. Expecting Dominion around ¥6.5-7 billion, so that will be around $47-51M.

That will be enough for billie. 

Except China & Japan, the drop from FK seems like 20% internationally. 

Do you think Shanghai and Beijing starting to re-open theaters might give Dominion a little extra boost in China?

• Like 1

15m from domestic and another 25m from overseas market. That will bring JWD to somewhere and Japan need to contribute for another 60m, which is quite a tough number to hope for.

I was hoping the domestic market can come close to 390m but the last weekend hold suggest more of a 375m close. I guess we have to kiss $1bn a goodbye. This is actually the first billion dollar movie we lost, due to the loss of Russia market. 

38 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

15m from domestic and another 25m from overseas market. That will bring JWD to somewhere and Japan need to contribute for another 60m, which is quite a tough number to hope for.

I was hoping the domestic market can come close to 390m but the last weekend hold suggest more of a 375m close. I guess we have to kiss $1bn a goodbye. This is actually the first billion dollar movie we lost, due to the loss of Russia market. 

In theory (but also in practice) Doctor Strange 2 would also have reached the Billion with Russia, the first movie made over 20M and 40M for this one was easily achievable

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah probably $565-570M finish without Japan. 

DOM looks like $373-375M.

Leaving $55-62M for Japan aka ¥7.5-8.4B which seems a bit for it. End around $985-990M.

wont universal fudge it if its so close?

hope they dont