Eric Prime

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

I think this will make a lot of money, easily more than the 2nd movie. People are eating up the trailers. This looks like dumb fun which audiences want nowadays. The fact that it's being released a week before the election might help. People might want to escape the crazy news from the election and have a turn off your brain experience.

The first one is fun because everyone in it is playing everything deadly serious except for Hardy who knows it’s bad so he’s acting like he’s trying to win an Oscar and a Razzie at the same time. By the second one, everyone’s trying to compete with him for attention and it sucks all the fun out. You know you’re in trouble when Michelle Williams is trying to do schtick. 

I'm glad that Knull won't be just a post credits tease. It would be totally a Sony thing to do, lol. 

Then again, he said he read the script. However, was everything filmed? Sony can easily fuck up everything and cut; slah everything, lol. I'll believe it when I see it. At least the Venom movies are really fun ! I'll be there day one.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Im sorry but Sonys influence over these Venom movies feels wildly overstated. They would not have let Hardy write the last two movies or promoted the writer of the last two movies to director if that was true.

I don't see why that precludes it. Paul Rudd and Ryan Reynolds wrote on their movies too.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see why that precludes it. Paul Rudd and Ryan Reynolds wrote on their movies too.

And Deadpool 3 seems to have less Feige influence than most other Marvel movies. Theres not much to really substantiate this, but I feel like these last two movies especially are just Tom Hardy and Kelly Marcel (who are long-time close friends) making some fun shit together within the studio system. Also why I don’t see Hardy re-appearing as Venom in a sizable role after this last film

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Im sorry but Sonys influence over these Venom movies feels wildly overstated. They would not have let Hardy write the last two movies or promoted the writer of the last two movies to director if that was true.

Tom Hardy definitely high jacked Let there be Carnage and The Last Dance. But Venom 1 was definitely a Sony Picture, but with Tom Hardy golden sprinkles

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Tom Hardy definitely high jacked Let there be Carnage and The Last Dance. But Venom 1 was definitely a Sony Picture, but with Tom Hardy golden sprinkles

Yeah, this is exactly what I think. After the success of the first Venom and Hardy’s schizo performance getting the most praise, they were like “whatever lean into the gay screwball comedy shit, we don’t care”.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

And Deadpool 3 seems to have less Feige influence than most other Marvel movies. Theres not much to really substantiate this, but I feel like these last two movies especially are just Tom Hardy and Kelly Marcel (who are long-time close friends) making some fun shit together within the studio system. Also why I don’t see Hardy re-appearing as Venom in a sizable role after this last film

I feel like Sony will do everything they can to ensure that Spider-Man 4 has Tom Holland and Tom Hardy’s characters finally meet. These Venom movies more or less owe their success to piggybacking off the MCU anyway. 

18 minutes ago, MeMyselfAndI said:

Impossible to take a villain with such a ridiculius name like "Knull" seriously.

I mean it’s one of most power Marvel villains ever…

The Swedish transformation of Knull though… 🤣

It’s now more and more likely that Venom The Last Dance will in fact be the start of King in Black saga, which eventually will be the main plot in Spider-Man 4.

at least two of the most most reliable scoopers on Twitter are suggesting this since last week. And now they did it again.

Edited by leoh