Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first true meltdown of the weekend thread.

It's just the truth. Yall just want to keep pretending it's not. 

Maybe to avoid negativity, which I understand and I apologize for that if that's the case. 

Stopping in 3,2,1

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

But with MoM coming under expectations

By "expectations" you mean your expectations right? Because the trades hat estimated the debut at 175-190 Million with 200M+ as the optimistic prediction. So if this 91M OD leads to a 190 Million OW, Doctor Strange would land on the upper end of industry expectations.

Also, the weekend is not over. Lets wait for the Saturday and Sunday drops. 90-91M OD is a great start, not an underwhelming one lol.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Don't even get me started. Under 200M didn't felt like a possibility at all days ago. 

And now 180-190...whatever. Obviously WoM and reviews were underwhelming. The movie is more underwhelming than these numbers tbh lol

But I think this for the best. The MCU shouldn't keep getting away with these mediocre movies. 

I can't imagine Feige not realizing that Phase 4 has been a bust.

Lol.  What is wrong with you?  

The number is only increasing.  $91.5m for opening day.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 4

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Right past Deathly Hallows 2 for 6th best OD of all time.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

By "expectations" you mean your expectations right? Because the trades hat estimated the debut at 175-190 Million with 200M+ as the optimistic prediction. So if this 91M OD leads to a 190 Million OW, Doctor Strange would land on the upper end of industry expectations.

Also, the weekend is not over. Lets wait for the Saturday and Sunday drops. 90-91M OD is a great start, not an underwhelming one lol.

Oh now we believe in the trades. 

They were my expectations only because of what most people here were saying. My mistake probably.

Before reviews, 210M seemed like a low ground for predictions here. 

But I get that we shouldn't bring that up to avoid negativity. That's what I'll do. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

A Netflix film got the cover of Empire’s summer movie preview issue. 

I can’t get over how Chris Evans so fucking ugly here YET still the most beautiful man of all time. WELL, The second most beautiful man of all time. Gene Kelly exists.

(WHO HE IS GONNA PLAAAAAAAH 🥰)

Also in terms of why they chose this, I suspect it’s because Netflix gave them the most money. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Cap said:

I can’t get over how Chris Evans so fucking ugly here YET still the most beautiful man of all time. WELL, The second most beautiful man of all time. Gene Kelly exists.

(WHO HE IS GONNA PLAAAAAAAH 🥰)

Also in terms of why they chose this, I suspect it’s because Netflix gave them the most money. 

Seems like he got played by his agent, girl considering in that photo he lacks drip.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

So $55.5 TFri. A +15% ($63.8)/-30% ($44.7) would put it right at $200 for OW 

$64M Sat probably locks in that threshold, but could still get there with a ~$61-62 Sat and better Sun hold, or even still clear it by a couple of million, wirh Sun having a wider range than usual IMO

(I’m penciling in $65 Sat fwiw)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

They were my expectations only because of what most people here were saying. My mistake probably.

But I get that we shouldn't bring that up to avoid negativity. That's what I'll do. 

No, it's just that you keep repeating false stuff and it's really fucking annoying.  

2 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I think you dont really understand what our box office buzz and tracking team really does.

What they do is sample presales data and compare it to other complete presales runs to see where the numbers for a new movie could go. I underlined the "could" for a reason. Those are projections and those projections can vary widely if the presales for a certain day over- or underperform, especially in the last week or two before release.

What it comes down to is: The presales data for Doctor Strange looked like it could very well indicate a 200-220M OW a few days ago. But many in our tracking team then saw a slight slow down in sales in some areas so in the end, the 185-205M range seemed more realistic. And thats where DS is now seemingly also headed.

You can only be disappointed with that if you got yourself hyped up about a certain high point in the presales run for the movie.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I do have a lotta hope for Thor 4 tho. 

I now do think it's going to be bigger than Doctor Strange MoM. If it has good reviews. Something that doesn't feel like a certainty anymore in the MCU. 

But with MoM coming under expectations and if Thor is as good as I feel it is, I 100% believe it will be bigger. 

Thor 4 is going to make less than MoM, Doesn't have the hype. BP2 should do better than both as long as its not bad.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

No it doesn’t, like it or not. I am aware if the schedule, thank you.

Agreed. 400M is way more likely than not, but as for all films, WOM will decide where the movie will land.