Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

The funniest part of these last pages meltdowns are the fact that, unless it have a unnusual behavior, 91.5M OD should put the movie just above 200M OW, so like... WTF??

Friday alone already showed it's not really frontloaded like many discusses after *sigh* early Deadline numbers.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, joe liviig said:

finished my rewatch of the infinity saga recently. phase 1 is a bit rough on the ages but it was slow and there was a clear vision of what they are building towards . phase 4 is building towards something but its the oposite and just feels so rushed . personally its only yelena and kate bishop who have stood out as new characters . chavez was simply a walking a macguffin ,shangchi was fine, the rest well...  .

phase 1 had more time and thought put into it . phase 4 carries the baggage of the shows and movies and will try to cram atleast 3-4 of each into a year. there will be good movies for sure but will  get alot more messy ones too. 

I think Marvel Studios had to be extremely careful for phase one.

If you recall they had a deal where if they had too many flops they would lose the movie rights to the entire MCU.

It was one of the biggest Hollywood gambles of all time.

For phase 4 they can rest on their laurels a bit. They know Black Widow is a one shot and Eternals was an experiment but they have the sluggers like Spider-man,  Dr Strange, Thor, and Black Panther in the dug out.

I can't express how bad Marvel needed Iron Man to be a homerun in phase 1. But for phase 4, Feige knew the next the four movies after Eternals would make at least 3.5 billion total.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cap said:

On the positive side, I’m very impressed that everyone Managed to get to Saturday morning before we started Concerned trolling!!! Makes me so proud!!

I also think this is the time to bring out the bold face

MODERATION:

Hey All!

It’s not even 11 o’clock on the East Coast. We’ve got another full 24 hours before Saturday’s numbers come in. Let’s not spend that time shit posting and concerned trolling?

And if you see someone doing it, just give them and not cool and move on. Or directly report them.

Can we go back to talking about pasta. Thank you!!!

yes 😋 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Fuckin hell. A 321% jump? That's insane. 

Was +294% last Friday, without having to give up shows on Thursday to the massive preview

If you look at Wed —> Fri, was +300% last week, +240% this week, which is perfectly reasonable given show volume loss and competition 

• Like 2