Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

1 minute ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

If Latinos showed up for this movie because of C tier comic book latina character America Chavez being played by unknown latina actress Xochitl Gomez, then Sony made the right move by having Z lister El Muerto being played by extremely famous reggaeton artist Bunny Rabbit - or whatever his name is. I just know dude has multiple videos with billion+ views on youtube. Even I know the beat to some of his songs.

This might be a lie, but I remember hearing/reading about Latinos being the demographic that goes to the movies the most. So maybe that's Sony's reasoning here. But yeah Bad Bunny is huuuuuuge.

24 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

This might be a lie, but I remember hearing/reading about Latinos being the demographic that goes to the movies the most. So maybe that's Sony's reasoning here. But yeah Bad Bunny is huuuuuuge.

That is correct.

https://www.motionpictures.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/MPA-THEME-2019.pdf

Hispanics/Latinos make up 18% of the US population, yet represent 21% of moviegoers and 25% of all tickets sold. Crazy to think that as Hollywood emphasizes diverse castings in their projects that there's not much in terms of Latino-led blockbusters. You have Coco, Encanto, In the Heights, the Dora movie, some Eugenio Derbez titles, the upcoming Blue Beetle...and I think that's it. Obviously the diaspora of representation is very complex, as each nation has their own cultures and values, but it's still weird.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

That is correct.

https://www.motionpictures.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/MPA-THEME-2019.pdf

Hispanics/Latinos make up 18% of the US population, yet represent 21% of moviegoers and 25% of all tickets sold. Crazy to think that as Hollywood emphasizes diverse castings in their projects that there's not much in terms of Latino-led blockbusters. You have Coco, Encanto, In the Heights, the Dora movie, some Eugenio Derbez titles, the upcoming Blue Beetle...and I think that's it. Obviously the diaspora of representation is very complex, as each nation has their own cultures and values, but it's still weird.

Excuse me!

What kind of disrespect to the El Muerto sweep!

• Like 1

Was america chavez even in the marketing?

I saw the trailers, but she just melted into the background with all the other multiverse shenanigans they were showing off

6 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

Crazy to think that as Hollywood emphasizes diverse castings in their projects that there's not much in terms of Latino-led blockbusters. You have Coco, Encanto, In the Heights, the Dora movie, some Eugenio Derbez titles, the upcoming Blue Beetle...and I think that's it.

Is Vin Diesel not Latino? The Fast and the Furious franchise is pretty popular among Latinos, both U.S based and people in Latin America.

Just now, ringedmortality said:

Is Vin Diesel not Latino? The Fast and the Furious franchise is pretty popular among Latinos, both U.S based and people in Latin America.

His mom has English, German, and Scottish roots, and his dad is Black. Vin never met his biological dad, but reportedly he was told his parents could have been arrested due to miscegenation laws in certain states.

Alrighty so let’s get the cards out on the table. We’re looking at $190-200M OW and probably 2.2-2.3x legs. OS will open to about $270M and probably pull off slightly better legs (maybe 2.5x?). All in we’re looking at $1.04-1.14B.

Time to move on to Thor 🥹

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

So B+ Cinemascore 

some useful comparisons:

Doctor Strange - A

Lincoln - A

Miss Sloane - A-

Steve Jobs - A-

Men in Black 3 - B+

Arrival - B

Body of Lies - B-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MaverickXXR said:

Alrighty so let’s get the cards out on the table. We’re looking at $190-200M OW and probably 2.2-2.3x legs. OS will open to about $270M and probably pull off slightly better legs (maybe 2.5x?). All in we’re looking at $1.04-1.14B.

Time to move on to Thor 🥹

Isn't it banned in certain countries (and not only China)? Think it might affect OS legs somehow because it won't open everywhere.