Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm out of likes but this, so this.

There are some truly awful takes in here these last few pages. People living in a bubble. Anyone saying Marvel should worry about anything right now regarding phase 4 are taking crazy pills. They will likely open 2 movies in a row with above $200M, maybe even a third (who knows if Thor can do it) and yet this is worrisome? What the hell. Are we not on a BO forum? How can you see this and think alarm bells?

They also have GOTG coming out next year that is 100% guaranteed an enormous hit.

Eternals was a huge disappointment BO-wise and yet it seems to have made zero hit whatsoever to the franchise. 

Doesn't mean you're no longer on board with what they're doing that suddenly it applies to everyone on the planet, or that it somehow changes how BO numbers work. This is a massive, massive success no matter how you slice it.

edit: And they're not even Avengers movies! It's not like they've used their real biggest gun yet lmao

You nailed it with the bubble comment.  Way way too many people on here need to get back out into the real world and stop thinking that twitter or reddit threads are representative of reality.  The aren't on any level.  The general public is fine to really likes the movie.  Audiences are mostly leaving the theater having been entertained, which is the point.  

• Like 3

I try to be a rational MCU stan. I am greedy for the huge numbers, but I care more about the quality. 
I think we shouldn’t forget how covid was a big wrench in the scheduling and production of many projects.* Maybe that is getting better with AM3 and GOTG3 having completed production in good time. 
If MCU horribly collapses so that Nova 2 in 2029 or whatever is the no. 22 movie domestically, that’s ok. 

* - yes, movie production is not important in the face of illness and death

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

You nailed it with the bubble comment.  Way way too many people on here need to get back out into the real world and stop thinking that twitter or reddit threads are representative of reality.  The aren't on any level.  The general public is fine to really likes the movie.  Audiences are mostly leaving the theater having been entertained, which is the point.  

A B+ MCU movies indicates that majority audience likes the movie ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Marvel should worry if movies are getting B+ cinema scores. Thor 4 will be next I guarantee it.

Without getting into spoilers, there’s a number of reasons why I am less worried about Thor 4 and Wakanda’s reception as those don’t have as much baggage.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Are a lot of people here coming off a bad high or did your significant other start cheating on you last night?  The rampant negativity in this thread for a TWO HUNDRED FUCKING MILLION DOLLAR OPENING not long after theaters were declared dead is just silly.  

TBH its only 3-4 people who are consistently concern trolling, and not just in this thread. I wish I could thread ban them but I cant lol. 

• Haha 1

I also think it’s important to Remember where we are in the cycle of marvels story arcs. Phase 4 is very much phase 1. They’re introducing new characters, they’re setting up long-term storylines, they’re getting their ducks in a row for another decade.

I think it’s gonna take to phase 5/6 that phase 3 hype back.

I also don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world if marvel is no longer the end all be all, and something else steps up and tries to take over. I mean isn’t that what everyone wants?

At some point marvels going to become Star Wars. It’s going to be a cultural touchtone, but it’s gonna be for the old folks. 

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

TBH its only 3-4 people who are consistently concern trolling, and not just in this thread. I wish I could thread ban them but I cant lol. 

Who says you can’t 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:35 PM, YourMother said:

I am less worried about Thor 4 and Wakanda’s reception as those don’t have as much baggage.

Black Panther's main actor passed away 🗿

Edited by PillowCase

30 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This!!! 

Another thing, i'm starting to think some of the critics are being bought, not necessarly with money, but perks. And i'm talking about the "critics/fanboys" who get to see the movies first. How can they give this movie such high ratings? Thankfully some late critics even out the score.

I'm expecting bad reviews for Top Gun 2 too. Scott Mendelson gave Strange a 6/10 and he hated TG 2. You may hate him, but he's usually fair. Nostalgia will get it a good OW, but imo movie will be trash and sink on second weekend. I said what i said!

This is a fucking ridiculous post. Im sorry for the language, but it is. Do you have any proof of these allegations? 

We have had these nonsensical critics being bought debates in the past and let me tell you it did not go well for the posters then and it won’t now. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm out of likes but this, so this.

There are some truly awful takes in here these last few pages. People living in a bubble. Anyone saying Marvel should worry about anything right now regarding phase 4 are taking crazy pills. They will likely open 2 movies in a row with above $200M, maybe even a third (who knows if Thor can do it) and yet this is worrisome? What the hell. Are we not on a BO forum? How can you see this and think alarm bells?

They also have GOTG coming out next year that is 100% guaranteed an enormous hit.

Eternals was a huge disappointment BO-wise and yet it seems to have made zero hit whatsoever to the franchise. 

Doesn't mean you're no longer on board with what they're doing that suddenly it applies to everyone on the planet, or that it somehow changes how BO numbers work. This is a massive, massive success no matter how you slice it.

edit: And they're not even Avengers movies! It's not like they've used their real biggest gun yet lmao

I think we're heading towards a Young Avengers movie.

And maybe a hot take: I don't think that would come close... MoM for example 

A $200M opening weekend for a character whose previous standalone movie made $232M in total is nothing short of astounding. End of.

Legs probably won't be all that great given the automatically frontloaded nature of these movies despite a light schedule for the next few weeks (Firestarter is a flop in waiting, Downton Abbey is likely seeing a bit of a dip from the previous one), but still, yet another huge win for the MCU.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Derpity said:

$200m opening is nutso amazing for a second tier character and anyone trying to claim its meh is delusional.

As someone who has a club based around Strange doing at least 200 mil, the swing I've seen from "it probably won't make it" to " it will make it and it's a disappointment" is nuts. I don't think anyone realistically thought this would do No Way Home numbers

• Like 1

Aside from the unnecessary negativity, way too many posters already conceding sub $200 million OW. May prove correct, but certainly not clear yet 

• Like 1

Some of you put way too much stock in cinemascores, especially post-covid. Eternals with its B had better legs than Civil War with its A. The Batman is sitting at 2.75x with a traditionally low for superheroes A-. Audiences don't exactly have an abundance of blockbuster choices right now. There is one other film between now and six weeks from now when Jurassic hits.