Eric Lasagna

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

I think there may start to be some questioning if Elio meets the same fate.

well sure.

It would be unfortunate but if Elio is also a dud and/or disaster, I'd agree something is really wrong.

Kind of doubt it will be though.

It’s all there — so much so that Elemental may be the first work from Pixar to feel like it was generated entirely by AI. Not just the AI computing all the imagery, but literally an algorithm putting together a perfect Pixar movie.

oof

17 minutes ago, Marathon said:

I bought the Bug's Life video game back in the day. Big mistake, as the game was a piece of crap.

I remember watching someone play it on PSone back in the day

Funny how it used the "You think this is a game?" quote.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You think they shouldn't market the movie?

This is how they market all Pixar movies.

Of course they should, is just sad seeing all those successful classics in display and they’re being used trying to bring people back to theaters because Disney themselves diluted the brand 

13 hours ago, John Marston said:

oof

AI generated is about what I expected after those trailers, it felt like a parody of Pixar. Really bad move trusting Peter Sohn with another huge project. Hopefully they learn the right lessons from this and bounce back.

Edited by judestar619
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Of course they should, is just sad seeing all those successful classics in display and they’re being used trying to bring people back to theaters because Disney themselves diluted the brand 

Well, if I were a marketing exec stuck with the mediocre reviews and poor tracking here, this would probably be my last act of desperation too.

I'm still glad Sohn got another chance, though seems likely he won't get another soon after this, or at least nothing more than franchise shorts like what Bob Peterson is doing now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

And they deliberately excluded their last 5 movies (LIGHTYEAR, TURNING RED, LUCA, SOUL, and ONWARD).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Oh ok. Sorry if I was dismissive 

No worries. I just feel people have set a very high standard for Pixar movies and it seems that their entries are expected to be a home run all the time. And that if they are not in the 90% or above at RT, they are not good or people won't watch them at cinemas anymore.

That's the reputation they set up for themselves. They're supposed to be "a step above" the average animated fare. 

It's really not that different a situation from live action auteurs; once you build up an expectation for a masterpiece every time, people will be disappointed with anything less. 

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I gotta say after seeing this clip, say what you want about how the story will play out but the  characterization and creativity of the animation that goes with it,is really on point.(not surprising considering that the director has a history of being a character animator.)