efialtes76

Weekday Thread (5/16-19)

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I see this Matt Ramos dude on Twitter all the time, but it's exclusively people dunking on him for being like "OMG WHAT IF BEN AFFLECK AND CHARLIE COX WERE PLAYING DAREDEVIL IN THE SAME MOVIE 😱". I'm assuming Ramos is probably richer than I'll ever be tho :sadfleck:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

The Lost City crossing 100 million means that WSS probably would have gotten at least close to 100 in better circumstances.

What do these things have to do with each other? More than +150% seems pretty outlandish. WSS opened to 10M before omicron really took off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DS2HaterLegion Confirmed said:

What do these things have to do with each other? More than +150% seems pretty outlandish. WSS opened to 10M before omicron really took off.

Older audiences and women are going to the theater more now than they were back then. WSS is a movie that appealed to those audiences.

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Older audiences and women are going to the theater more now than they were back then. WSS is a movie that appealed to those audiences.

I suppose some of the difference between LC and WSS comes down to differences in environment but I suspect LC would be at least 50% higher given equal environments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Downton Abbey about to tank 66% from the opening of the previous movie. Adults are back, bitches.

to be fair it's already opened in the UK, i've seen it, and lady mary suddenly becoming a psycho murderer has really turned off a big chunk of the core fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Eric Crawley said:

I see this Matt Ramos dude on Twitter all the time, but it's exclusively people dunking on him for being like "OMG WHAT IF BEN AFFLECK AND CHARLIE COX WERE PLAYING DAREDEVIL IN THE SAME MOVIE 😱". I'm assuming Ramos is probably richer than I'll ever be tho :sadfleck:

He harkens back to a more innocent Twitter. People dunking on people tweeting stupid stuff about things which don't matter. Most dunks on Twitter starting around, say 2016, are all political about things which genuinely affect people's lives. 

5 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

They only found $100K this time ...

Its really amazing how consistent the MCU grosses have been on this day, two weeks before Memorial Day

MoM = $4.81

Engame = $4.70 (week 3)

Infinity War = $4.63 (week 3)

GOTG2 = $4.70

CACW = $4.75

• Astonished 4

1 minute ago, M37 said:

They only found $100K this time ...

Its really amazing how consistent the MCU grosses have been on this day, two weeks before Memorial Day

MoM = $4.81

Engame = $4.70 (week 3)

Infinity War = $4.63 (week 3)

GOTG2 = $4.70

CACW = $4.75

Well, if they all grossed the same, let’s see what they added…

AEG 130M 

IW 126M

gotg2 137M

CW 107M

(IM3 119M off 4.6)  

The problem being DS2 seems to be a little more weekday heavy than the rest.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

to be fair it's already opened in the UK, i've seen it, and lady mary suddenly becoming a psycho murderer has really turned off a big chunk of the core fanbase.

Bruh, wtf? 

Can you use spoilers?

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

It’s cringe but in that scenario either the worst Spider-Man dies or Tony Stark, it’s a win either way.

If EEAAO makes 400K or less today, then I'll consider it beating Firestarter this week to be a lost cause. 

If EEAAO makes 400-450K today, I'll consider it still a very close match. 

If EEAAO makes 450K or more, then I'll consider Firestarter to likely be toast by Thursday. 

11 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

The Lost City crossing 100 million means that WSS probably would have gotten at least close to 100 in better circumstances.

Nah, WSS had no hype whatsoever, and was way too old fashioned for modern audiences. It was never going to be a big hit. 

12 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Nah, WSS had no hype whatsoever, and was way too old fashioned for modern audiences. It was never going to be a big hit. 

If only someone told Fox that before they spent $100m making it. 

I loved West Side Story, but it had such a crap run despite all it had going for it: no direct competition, holiday season, excellent reviews, awards buzz, Spielberg, name recognition etc. 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, CJohn said:

Downton Abbey about to tank 66% from the opening of the previous movie. Adults are back, bitches.

Bridgerton, the MCU of period drama, got fickle GA dropping Downton like it's Transformers from mid-2010's onward