Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Carnivore is meat eater. Not animal killer. EATER is the key idea

So, what's your point. Cleary the audience can't tell the difference because when an herbivore dinosaur kills an animal, the assumption is it did so to eat it. I am guessing not just me, but many, many audience members thought the same exact thing. Until this thread, I had no idea it wasn't a meat eater. I feel pretty confident I am not the only person to take this away from the movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

So, what's your point. Cleary the audience can't tell the difference because when an herbivore dinosaur kills an animal, the assumption is it did so to eat it. I am guessing not just me, but many, many audience members thought the same exact thing. Until this thread, I had no idea it wasn't a meat eater. I feel pretty confident I am not the only person to take this away from the movie.

I mean it literally showed Theri eating leaves.

Well I am no dino expert. When I see dino kill animal, that equals dino is carnivore. And no i did not notice the fraction of a second leaf eating. But I did notice very clearly the deer kill, stalking at the lake, and stabby stabby of the giga at the end, so I def thought it is a predator. That is just extremely poor story telling if they intended the audience to know its a herbivore.

• Like 1

I didn’t really buy Dodgson’s reasons for wanting Beta and Maisie to fix the problem he created either.  

The reason being the execution. 

1. the character shows zero empathy for what is happening to the world’s food chain whatsoever.  This is why we should have just had Wu head up BioSyn, where he had that mad-cap creator syndrome, but could also show a moral compass. Dodgson is just one-note rubbish, with even the performance being neither one thing or the other. 

2. Worst of all, they didn’t even show any further locust devastation. We got one shot of a chomped up cornfield when Ellie came into it and that was it. This was meant to be a world ending threat and the movie isn’t even interested in showing the escalation. Why are we meant to care? 

side note - I watched the prologue trailer again last night. How did that not open the movie? Lol. 
clearly it got cut, and the news reel was its replacement as the studio probably thought more exposition needed to be dumped on the audience.  
I suspect much of the dinosaur encounters in real world settings that were in the news report were going to be actual scenes, but they shoved them together with a voiceover - ruining any impact and cinema like quality they would have had. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I didn’t really buy Dodgson’s reasons for wanting Beta and Maisie to fix the problem he created either.  

1. the character shows zero empathy for what is happening to the world’s food chain whatsoever.  This is why we should have just had Wu head up BioSyn, where he had that mad-cap creator syndrome, but could also show a moral compass. Dodgson is just one-note rubbish, with even the performance being neither one thing or the other. 

2. Worst of all, they didn’t even show any further locust devastation. We got one shot of a chomped up cornfield when Ellie came into it and that was it. This was meant to be a world ending threat and the movie isn’t even interested in showing the escalation. Why are we meant to care? 

side note - I watched the prologue trailer again last night. How did that not open the movie? Lol. 
clearly it got cut, and the news reel was its replacement as the studio probably thought more exposition needed to be dumped on the audience.  
I suspect much of the dinosaur encounters in real world settings that were in the news report were going to be actual scenes, but they shoved them together with a voiceover - ruining any impact and cinema like quality they would have had. 

No most of the news ones are taken from the end montage at Battle At Big Rock, which is even worse lol. They're just edited footage of real life viral videos.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

A LOT got cut, both Colin And actress who played Kayla hinted at an extended cut.

Colin actually went on to say that some scenes that he had to cut, he didn't wanted to. 

Which makes me wonder, why do Studios poke their nose in director's business. 

Yeah, there's lot to be uncovered.

But prologue and drive in definitely should've been in the movie, it should've been your opening scene.

The opening scene disgusted me, some random news reel with Battle at Big Rock scenes copy pasted, absolutely shambolic.

The only scene in this where I felt any sort of tension was the scene where BDH had to quietly crawl away from that huge dinosaur and hid underwater as it was right above her (one of the more striking visuals in the entire series). Everything else felt like the studio went the Rise of Skywalker route of taking note of what people didn't like about the previous two (the death of the assistant was too much! Justice Smith earning his Razzie nomination as arguably the most annoying sidekick since Jar Jar Binks!) to the point where they turned out the dullest, most soulless movie they could.

• Like 1

The overreaction over death of Zara in Jurassic World is the reason why Fallen Kingdom and Dominion didn't had any good guys death.

Or deaths that seems underserved.....

I don't know ehat had happened to current generation, Imagine people loosing their minds over Muldoon or Eddie's death saying they didn't deserve it.

Fallen Kingdom also had a Female character being killed by Indoraptor, but most probably cut due to them remembering the reaction to Zara.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The overreaction over death of Zara in Jurassic World is the reason why Fallen Kingdom and Dominion didn't had any good guys death.

I don't know ehat had happened to current generation, Imagine people loosing their minds over Muldoon or Eddie's death saying they didn't deserve it.

Fallen Kingdom also had a Female character being killed by Indoraptor, but most probably cut due to them remembering the reaction to Zara.

Yeah i also think the (completely ridiculous) shitstorm over Zaras (epic!) death back when JW released scared the producers to have any "good" guys die in FK and Dominion. This is one aspect i hope will change in any future movie.

Though truth to be told i was actually really glad none of the main characters in Dominion died. Especially the old trio, i would actually hated it if one of them died lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

People gave Zara's death crap because of how over the top and needlessly cruel it was.

58 minutes ago, filmlover said:

the death of the assistant was too much!

I don't get it. We want more innocent people dead but we can't make it too gratuitous even though it was the actress' request to do so? EDDIE CARR WAS RIPPED IN HALF! I am sorry but Zara's death is a nothingburger.

I was never bothered by Zara's death other than that it seemed strange that they gave a character whose biggest crime was...being completely disinterested in her job and on her phone all the time?...the kind of drawn-out, over-the-top death that's usually reserved for bad guys. Assume material that would've made the character easier for audiences to loathe ended up on the cutting room floor.

This just lacked any really good dinosaur attack sequences though. Even the demise of Campbell Scott's Not Jeff Bezos wasn't satisfying because it was a lame homage to Nedry's in the original.

• Like 4