Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

17 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I agree. We need more dead innocent characters. And I mean 'characters', not background extras. Heartbreaking ones too. Eddie Carr comes to mind.

But in what is supposed to be a fun romp, which this film obviolusy was inteded to be; do you want a lot of charecters you really care about getting killed? takes the fun out of it.

It all depends on what kind of film you want to makemreally,

Between the starting of movie and Malta scene, there would be 50-60 minutes time, in this time only Dinosaurs action we got were beginning news and some appearances like Blue & Beta and Apatosaurus, but a whole lot of exposition and whatever.

In the first 50-60 minutes

Jurassic World - Had Jurassic World tour, Mosasaurus, Dinosaurs in park, Raptors scene, Indominus Breakout and fought with Ankylosaurus.

Fallen Kingdom - Opening scene, Island scene with Raptor, Baryonyx, Volcano Chase, T Rex vs Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus engulfed by lava

You see the difference here..... 

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

8 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Between the starting of movie and Malta scene, there would be 50-60 minutes time, in this time only Dinosaurs action we got were beginning news and some appearances like Blue & Beta and Apatosaurus, but a whole lot of exposition and whatever.

In the first 50-60 minutes

Jurassic World - Had Jurassic World tour, Mosasaurus, Dinosaurs in park, Raptors scene, Indominus Breakout and fought with Ankylosaurus.

Fallen Kingdom - Opening scene, Island scene with Raptor, Baryonyx, Volcano Chase, T Rex vs Carnotaurus, Brachiosaurus engulfed by lava

You see the difference here..... 

Triceratops and Parasaurolophus chases.

I still cannot believe that opening with the news report.  What an awful way to open the movie. Proper bottom of the barrel for a series of this magnitude. 

Especially after that prologue trailer. 

Why not open it with the drive-in sequence, and then have some of the news reel playing on monitors etc like they did in Fallen Kingdom? 

It was a real tone-deaf opening that put me in a bad mood almost immediately. 

• Like 2

Absolutely wretched film. Up there with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Characters teleporting around, bad acting, shitty CGI, no suspense, the works.

I know it is stupid to ask about plot when I was so negative on the whole film, but riddle me this: the lead villain really wanted the girl and baby raptor. But we also know he wanted to keep the locusts plague going. And yet, it is established that the only purpose of the girl and the raptor is to....stop the plague? So why the fuck did the bad guy want them then?? I'm so used to blockbusters being so cynical in how they pander to audiences I am confused to have one treat me so downright stupid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Absolutely wretched film. Up there with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Characters teleporting around, bad acting, shitty CGI, no suspense, the works.

I know it is stupid to ask about plot when I was so negative on the whole film, but riddle me this: the lead villain really wanted the girl and baby raptor. But we also know he wanted to keep the locusts plague going. And yet, it is established that the only purpose of the girl and the raptor is to....stop the plague? So why the fuck did the bad guy want them then?? I'm so used to blockbusters being so cynical in how they pander to audiences I am confused to have one treat me so downright stupid.

Wu originally made the Locusts because he thought he programed them to predictably reproduce and whipe out only a portion of the world's crops that aren't sourced by Biosyn. But the locust population began to exponentially grow, endangering the entire world's food supply. He needed to study Maisie's "pathogen genes" to create a failsafe to destroy them and Beta to study the mechanism (parthenogenesis) to distribute it by reliably outpacing the Locusts population growth. This is all explained in the film btw

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Wu originally made the Locusts because he thought he programed them to predictably reproduce and whipe out only a portion of the world's crops that aren't sourced by Biosyn. But the locust population began to exponentially grow, endangering the entire world's food supply. He needed to study Maisie's "pathogen genes" to create a failsafe to destroy them and Beta to study the mechanism (parthenogenesis) to distribute it by reliably outpacing the Locusts population growth. This is all explained in the film btw

None of this is explained. The only thing that is explained is that Tim Cook wants the locusts to keep multiplying and destroy everything and Dr. Wu feels bad and wants to kill them all. I

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

None of this is explained. The only thing that is explained is that Tim Cook wants the locusts to keep multiplying and destroy everything and Dr. Wu feels bad and wants to kill them all. I

No, Tim Cook wants most non Biosyn crop obliterated so he can get a leg up on the market share of his seed. The locust went out of control and began threatening the entire food supply.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The Therizinosaurus scene is imo one of the best dinosaur scenes of the whole franchise. It just works. I could totally see this beast becoming a fan favourite.

The Theri has always been one of my favorites since Chased By Dinosaurs. So glad it was shown to be very formidable in Dominion. It also hosted one of the tensest scenes in the movie.

13 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The Therizinosaurus scene is imo one of the best dinosaur scenes of the whole franchise. It just works. I could totally see this beast becoming a fan favourite.

I think its actually one of the worst. Have had people coming out of this thinking Therizinosaurus was a carnivore, which is something you'd never see happen with JP or TLW imo

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think its actually one of the worst. Have had people coming out of this thinking Therizinosaurus was a carnivore, which is something you'd never see happen with JP or TLW imo

They literally showed it eating plants. The people who come out believing it's a carnivore literally weren't paying attention

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Then those people didnt pay close attention to the movie, since after the Therizinosaurus yeets the deer, he eats a few plants.

Herbivores of this size are often enough more dangerous than carnivores, so the deer-killing is actually quite plausible. Especially since the Therizinosaurus in this movie is blind, hence it will ofc kill everything big enough in its way that could potentially be a carnivore.

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

They literally showed it eating plants. The people who come out believing it's a carnivore literally weren't paying attention

It did it for like a split second and they treated it like a dangerous carnivore that could eat Claire at any second since its literal intro is it killing deer for no reason. It really wasn't portrayed as a herbivore or made clear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It did it for like a split second and they treated it like a dangerous carnivore that could eat Claire at any second since its literal intro is it killing deer for no reason. It really wasn't portrayed as a herbivore or made clear.

It was also eating plants before it fought the Giga. Also herbivore is not indicative of a peaceful animal. In fact many of the most aggressive animals today are herbivores and will kill anything out of the ordinary that goes near their turf. Things like Rhinos, water Buffalo, Bison, Spanish Mustangs, Elk, Moose, etc. Kill more people per year than their respective predators.

Edit: and in case you thought I forgot about bipedal herbivores like the Theri, there's also the Ostrich and Kangaroos which are also hella dangerous.

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

Just now, Alex SciChannel said:

It was also eating plants before it fought the Giga. Also herbivore is not indicative of a peaceful animal. In fact many of the most aggressive animals today are herbivores and will kill anything out of the ordinary that goes near their turf. Things like Rhinos, water Buffalo, Bison, Spanish Mustangs, Elk, Moose, etc. Kill more people per year than their respective predators.

Compare and contrast how the movie treats literally every other herbivore in it. There's a way to do it where it still feels like a herbivorous animal, and shooting the scene like the Therizinosaurus is going to notice and eat Claire isn't how you do it.