IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

6 minutes ago, Aristis said:

Seems like there will be great holds :) Maybe this time it'll be joy to see the trend.

But didn't start VgdB with 63.198 last Sunday?

Of course you're right. Obviously anyone but me knows the Sunday numbers ;).

• Like 1

On 28.12.2016 at 0:33 PM, FantasticBeasts said:

@IndustriousAngel How much more do you think that Fantastic Beasts can gross??

Should be around 3,2m admissions after the weekend, so I guess 3,5m-3,6m in the end I guess. 

RO should finish in the 4,5m range.

Moana slightly above 2m.

Sing around 2,5m. 

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

And how does this translates in gross ?

I never understood the focus on money. It's just a business gimmick to sell records.
Admissions tell the truth. Local currency, okay. But overseas numbers compared to $? It's worthless.

But here we go, should finish with $38m. 

Just as a comparison how worthless these numbers are:

Pirates 4 made $62,5m with 4.4m admissions.

So looking at LC its 36m € vs. 44m € instead of $38m vs. $62,5m.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I never understood the focus on money. It's just a business gimmick to sell records.
Admissions tell the truth. Local currency, okay. But overseas numbers compared to $? It's worthless.

this is to blame so many country didnt have the admission data tracking

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Poseidon said:

You are absolutely right but keep in mind that admissions are not published thoroughly in all markets. In most you just have estimtes so the best way to compare films  is still box office ..

1 Trend by InsideKino.de

#1 SW R1 ~ 475k = 18 days / Sunday ~ 2.92m admissions total

#2 Moana ~ 250k

#3 Assassin's Creed ~ 240k = till Sunday ~ 470k total

#4 or #5 Sing ~ 200k

#4 or #5 - 4 vs bank (local film, 500k admissions in 8 days)

FB and Welcome by the Hartmanns both ~ 100k

Welcome... (Willkommen bei den Hartmanns = local film) surpassed yesterday as first local production of 2016 the 3m admissions mark = the 5th film in 2016 that managed this

• Like 7

So the Actuals from Thursday:

Rogue One 200k
Moana 110k
Assassins 100k
Sing 90k
Vier gegen Bank 85k

A good number for RO and Moana is 20k above Sing! Could have 700k after Sunday. 1,5M admissions seem probable (ca. $13M).

I really can't imagine that RO will only make 475k... Hopefully the next trend will be higher.

• Like 3

Mark G wrote, regarding the Thursday numbers:

Oha, habe jetzt erst den Münchner Trend gesehen - die haben ja wieder mächtig was vor...

Wow, I just saw the Munich-Trend - they have a great deal left. (The second part isn't easy to translate, I hope I got the meaning :D)

Hopefully that means his numbers are underestimated :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristis said:

Mark G wrote, regarding the Thursday numbers:

Wow, I just saw the Munich-Trend - they have a great deal left. (The second part isn't easy to translate, I hope I got the meaning :D)

Hopefully that means his numbers are underestimated :)

No, it means that they have no clue about how box office works on certain holiday constellations.

Yup, the site occasionally acts like deadline, forbes or variety, "lets throw a weird multiplier at it and hope that it sticks". In this particular case, they basically took the Thursday numbers and multiplied them by 4, which is absurd.

I think the insidekino-trend might be a bit on the low side, especially if Friday stays mostly flat from Thursday, but there is no way Saturday or Sunday will act in the same way. Even a multiplier of 3 would have been quite optimistic, but 4 really takes it too far. There is a reason why everyone here refers to insidekino for almost everything, and not any other sources (not counting Rth, of course ;) )

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

No, it means that they have no clue about how box office works on certain holiday constellations.

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

Yup, the site occasionally acts like deadline, forbes or variety, "lets throw a weird multiplier at it and hope that it sticks". In this particular case, they basically took the Thursday numbers and multiplied them by 4, which is absurd.

I think the insidekino-trend might be a bit on the low side, especially if Friday stays mostly flat from Thursday, but there is no way Saturday or Sunday will act in the same way. Even a multiplier of 3 would have been quite optimistic, but 4 really takes it too far. There is a reason why everyone here refers to insidekino for almost everything, and not any other sources (not counting Rth, of course ;) )

I didn't understand that correctly... I thought he had only seen daily numbers from Munich but he hinted at the Blickpunkt:Film-prediction... My fault. But that was what I thought too: 4x200k really seems too much. (But they have absurd multiplers every weekend :D)

Edited by Aristis

2. Trend:
Rogue One (475T), Vaiana (Moana) (275T), Assassin's Creed (245T/475T), Sing (215T), Vier gegen die Bank (local) (210T), Phantastische Tierwesen(Fant.Beasts) (110T), Willkommen bei den Hartmanns (local) (105T), Allied(45T), Die Vampirschwestern 3 (local, I think) (30T), Nocturnal Animals (25T).
  • Like 3