IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Trend-II:

Fack Ju Göhte (850k), Thor - The Dark Kingdom (275k), Das kleine Gespenst (140T-175k), Cloudy 2 (120k), Jackass: Bad Grandpa (105k), Frau Ella (105k), Blue Jasmine (90k), You're Next (50k), Gravity (40k), Der Teufelsgeiger (35k), Exit Marrakech (30Tk), Prisoners (25k), Turbo (25k).

• Like 1

Germany + Austria Top 13  Oct 31 - Nov 03

Good opening for Thor2 and Paganini, meh for "The Fifth Estate". Very good holds, too!

Thor's reign at th BO will be shortlived since this week, german comedy "Fack Ju Göthe" should win. On a smaller scale, kid's movie "Das kleine Gespenst" and Woody Allen's "Blue Jasmine" open and should both end up inside the Top10.

What is this movie? Why is it so popular?

Edited by zackzack

The crazy thing about the opening of "Fack Ju Göhte" is that theaters and distributors obviously had no idea how popular it would be - I guess they based screen allocations on 2012's "Türkisch für Anfänger" and now they can't keep up with demand. Even afternoon shows here are packed, selling the first row seats which is really rare (we've got a lot of seats/capita). This would have opened to a lot more than 1mil admissions in a really wide release! - otoh, now there's room for an expansion next weekend and maybe no drop.

Thor is fading fast after the big start, it's obviously not as well received as Thor1 was. It's purely anecdotical but I guess it's the ladies that are more critical of Thor2 - you can't catch them with pure action, there's got to be some emotions and that seems to be missing.

Thor is fading fast after the big start, it's obviously not as well received as Thor1 was. It's purely anecdotical but I guess it's the ladies that are more critical of Thor2 - you can't catch them with pure action, there's got to be some emotions and that seems to be missing.

Funny, all the ladies I know, including me, liked Thor 2 pretty fine, compared to some guys here, which are pretty critical of it. And IMO, Thor 2 has more emotion than Thor 1.