IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Thor is fading fast after the big start, it's obviously not as well received as Thor1 was. It's purely anecdotical but I guess it's the ladies that are more critical of Thor2 - you can't catch them with pure action, there's got to be some emotions and that seems to be missing.

Fading fast? It's a 51% drop, not much bigger than the first movie, and that one had to open against "Fast 5", so that deflated its first weekend.

Also, same audiences as "Fack ju Göhte" had, so I think it's a decent hold here.

It's "Fuck You Goethe" (Goethe was about the best-known german poet), just spelt compleatley rong. It's a comedy about someone posing as a teacher with criminal intents ... and of course connecting with the kids like no other teacher (a bit like "Bad Teacher" or "School of Rock")

Goethe is one of those self-righteous intellectuals that only select few respect?

In my box office report for Mtime, I just gave Fack ju Göhte a Chinese title of "Substitute Teacher”. Lol, really had no idea how to put it.

I visted the movie's website. Seems to be an interesting comedy. No surprise it broke out. Local comedies can breakout and drown Hollywood blockbusters everywhere. Sole A Catinelle is doing crazy numbers in Italy too.

Edited by firedeep

I guess the reason for FJG's hold is that it didn't open all that wide last week, so they couldn't satisfy demand and now they did an expansion - theater-wise as well as more showtimes. With the sellouts last weekend, this could easily have been a 1.2mil opener or even more if distributor and theater managers had had more confidence in it!

With the other holds it's more of a catching-up thing; last week's drops were too high.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

Good news for Escape Plan. Hopefully it continues its great overseas run in Germany.

Sadly, it won't have a great run in Germany.

In the end, it will gross between $3 million - $3.5 million here.

That's still OK considering it had zero promotion here.

Let's hope for Japan or South Korea to show some good numbers.

In Europe, the best market for EP will be Russia with nearly $7 million.

Edited by GermanStallion