IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Yes, the first quarter was already very good for omestic movies (especially comedies) and it continues ... and let's see how "Buddy" will do in December (though I have to say the only marketing I've seen so far for Buddy was a one-sheet in my theater - when will they start promoting it?!)

What is the predicted cumulative figure after this weekend for CAPN PHILLIPS, GRAVITY & BAD GRANDPA?

Thanks !   :)

Yes, the first quarter was already very good for omestic movies (especially comedies) and it continues ... and let's see how "Buddy" will do in December (though I have to say the only marketing I've seen so far for Buddy was a one-sheet in my theater - when will they start promoting it?!)

"Bully macht Buddy", a sitcom on Pro 7, starting next week, leading to the movies release over christmas.

• Like 1

Final weekend trend:

#1: FJG - 1.000k admissions

#2: Thor2 - 175k

#3: Das Kleine Gespenst - 140k

#4: Captain Philips - 140k

#5: Escape Plan - 110k

#6: Last Vegas - 105k

#7: CwaCoM2 - 95k

#8: BlueJasmine - 70k

After the endless summer weeks with not much more to report than "another bad weekend", atm it's really fun following the german and austrian BO!!! And starting with Wednesday double features, Catching Fire will add some more spice - really a cool November!

• Like 1

Wow. Bad for Escape Plan. :(

Yep, was obviously frontloaded, still better than "The Last Stand".

btw, in Austria, "Escape Plan" had about 15k admissions which is #4 for the weekend, behind Thor2 (19k) and "Last Vegas" (20k). FJG was #1 in Austria, too, but with 57k it's not as dominating as in Germany (I heard some complaints that the dialogue is really hard to follow, after all, Austrias's german is a bit different, and the same is true in the other direction, movies with Austrian dialect tend to do poor business in Germany)

Even though these past few weeks have been under 2012, you'd be hard pressed to call them bad. Although the Quartal Top 10 feature on Insidekino isn't exceptionally accurate, it looks like overall the year might end up about equal to 2011 (the weak summer did not help) as long as it keeps up this pace.

Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

Yep, with CF, Hobbit2 and Buddy coming along there's yet some major hit potential, and let's wait how FJG develops, it may reach 6mil admissions! It's just the summer that was really awful.

(In Austria, not that good a year - in fact absolutely horrible. Germany had some strong domestic comedies but those don't do as well here)

Yep, with CF, Hobbit2 and Buddy coming along there's yet some major hit potential, and let's wait how FJG develops, it may reach 6mil admissions! It's just the summer that was really awful.

(In Austria, not that good a year - in fact absolutely horrible. Germany had some strong domestic comedies but those don't do as well here)

any predictions for CF total?