Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

Jake Gittes    9,602

That time frame...it's not really a battle. There's room.And Leo is two for two with Christmas films now. Django, Wolf...The Revenant?

Don't forget Catch Me If You Can

• Like 2

Blankments    25,749

LOL Inarritu, using all natural lighting isn't nearly as cool as a gimmick as the one-shot in Birdman

(Definitely seeing it anyway :P )

The Futurist    22,375

It s funny, not so long ago, I remember discussing Inarritu here and the whole forum pretty much agreed that all his films were manipulative and emotionnal blackmail.

Since Birdman, it s like he s the new Scorcese or something.

His diatribe againt superhero blockbusters makes me want to puke at his snobbish " artiste" face, just to have a little taste.

• Like 1

grim22    53,600

Inarritu on the 9 month long shoot

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/alejandro-inarritu-on-why-the-revenant-is-a-9-month-shoot-480#lcvZ9WDKrGoG0FU0.99

We don’t finish until the end of April or May, and we are shooting very small hours. It was planned this way, to be little-by-little jewel moments; that’s the way I designed the production. That was both to create intensity in these moments, as well as the climate conditions. We are shooting in such remote far-away locations that, by the time we arrive and have to return, we have already spent 40% of the day. But those locations are so gorgeous and so powerful, they look like they have never been touched by a human being, and that’s what I needed. The light is very reduced here in winter, and we are not shooting with any electrical lighting, just natural light. And every single scene is so difficult — emotionally, technically. I’ve gotten myself in trouble again, but I’m trying my best.

• Like 1

tonytr87    2,878

LOL Inarritu, using all natural lighting isn't nearly as cool as a gimmick as the one-shot in Birdman

(Definitely seeing it anyway :P )

I read somewhere that they were shooting it similar to Birdman, so it may be a one-shot after all. At the very least there will be long-ish takes with Lubeski on board. 

Edited by tonytr87

Alpha    7,719

I admire Lubezki's cinematography. The way the camera moves and the way the shots are set up is so fluid and engaging.

• Like 1

bitterblue    86

I admire Lubezki's cinematography. The way the camera moves and the way the shots are set up is so fluid and engaging.

Cannot wait for his (next) collaboration with Malick :wub:

Edited by spartapuss

bapi    2,564

Rumours filming is a complete mess - over-budget, over-schedule, Inaritu is a complete bitch to his crew (already has 6th assistant) and apparently Hardy even hit him.  :D

marveldcfox    988

Rumours filming is a complete mess - over-budget, over-schedule, Inaritu is a complete bitch to his crew (already has 6th assistant) and apparently Hardy even hit him. :D

Lol...what's happening with fox movies. First, fantastic four and now revenant.

All this behind the scenes drama will be forgotten if these movies turn our fine.

tonytr87    2,878

Rumours filming is a complete mess - over-budget, over-schedule, Inaritu is a complete bitch to his crew (already has 6th assistant) and apparently Hardy even hit him.  :D

Sounds like horseshit to me.