EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I know it is a small useless market you fool. I was just posting it as a curiosity, not some amazing feat that will affect its WW gross.

wasn't really what I was going for

29 minutes ago, Hilpkioy said:

TGM also increased in Malaysia and Singapore this weekend after returning to IMAX and 4dx shared with JWD to no one's surprise. Hopefully they bring it back in US/CAN soon.

It also returned to IMAX here, shared with Lightyear. It sold out nearly every show available in the format.

• Like 4

Saturday increases are lower because it’s summer, just not even lower because of Father’s Day. FK and JW1 were also late June 2nd wknds so the sats are all straightforwardly comparable (JW1 2nd sat was also the day before Father’s Day, even).

23 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

I'm predicting 9m JWD, 7M, LY, 6m TGM for today.

Deadline is projecting 9.4M. They usually lowball so I really hope it does 10M+. I have a sneaking suspicion TGM may beat Lightyear today and maybe even Dominion.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

4 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Saturday increases are lower because it’s summer, just not even lower because of Father’s Day. FK and JW1 were also late June 2nd wknds so the sats are all straightforwardly comparable (JW1 2nd sat was also the day before Father’s Day, even).

As my quoted reply says, in post covid era Saturday bumps are smaller than 2018. Seeing how this is 40% increase on a Saturday in the summer no less is solidly impressive no matter how you spin it. Even more so when taking into account more competition.

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Minimal drop for Dominion from Sat, thats solid. Top Gun still amazing but a bit of a bummer that it isnt above 18M. Lightyear ... oof.