EmpireCity

WEEKEND THREAD: Lightyear implodes with 51M DOM, 85.6M WW. THE LAST PIXAR MOVIE EVER?????😱😱😱 | Dominion #1 with 58.66M, Top Gun 44M

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'll just say this.... what I am seeing right now is something I haven't really seen before.  It's wild.  

I was about $1m off in my early number yesterday and not going to really give one today because there isn't really a previous test case for this, but I won't be shocked if the number for TG2 on Sunday has a 2 at the front of it.  

Let's see how it plays out.  Right now everything I see everywhere is sold out.  

Would be awesome if somehow TGM is #1 today over JWD.

But man, to follow Top Guns run is so awesome. Reminds me why i like to spend quite a bit of my freetime with following BO numbers. Epic runs like this one make it just so much fun.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Thor is not locked 

I can see an OW of 150 - 180M for Thor, really unsure about it. So yes i agree 400M is not safe in any way for it.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What would we consider a good run for Minions 2? Cause the vibe surrounding its release feels very similar to The Secret Life of Pets 2 where no one's actually talking about it.

I would be really happy with anything above 225M DOM and a WW total at around 700-800M or so.

DM3 did 1B WW and 265M DOM so I think my numbers are fair. 

Edited by CJohn

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What would we consider a good run for Minions 2? Cause the vibe surrounding its release feels very similar to The Secret Life of Pets 2 where no one's actually talking about it.

I think anything above 200M Dom and 600M worldwide would be a solid run

Edited by Grebacio

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It feels much better in presales though, it’s been outselling Lightyear with ease at Marcus and Minions isn’t presales dependent. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I think anything above 200M Dom and 550M would be a solid run

DM3 did 800M OS. Lets hope this one doesn't fall that much.

1 minute ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

$130M wouldn't even be Ragnarok + inflation. I can't see it below $150M. 

Was a typo, i meant 150-180M.

And a 150M OW might be not enough for 400M. Before the summer i was sure that Doctor Strange 2 will open to 200M and have a 500M DOM run and now after its performance and Dominion also coming in under my expectations, im a bit more on the fence regarding Thor.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

I'd easily pay a $1/day subscription to resurrect the old Box Office Mojo format. When a box office phenomenon (like TGM) comes along, there is just no better way to cross-reference other films and do a true deep dive. There must be someone gifted out there who can get this done!

• Like 8