Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

The other problem beyond the virus is that even if it goes back to business the movie markets will be hit for at least 2 years, the record from 2019 won't go anywhere anytime soon I'm afraid, the markets aren't gonna be fun to track 😕

• Sad 1

That's crazy to think a thread without any post in 1 month and a half was just in the middle of Page 1 of this forum lol

In France theaters reopen on June 22 so now I'm starting to wonder what will happen in Brazil as this country is the new epicenter of the pandemics and seems to be in a catastrophic situation....The dream of a strong Brazilian BO market seems pretty far now, I hope it'll get better.

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

That's crazy to think a thread without any post in 1 month and a half was just in the middle of Page 1 of this forum lol

In France theaters reopen on June 22 so now I'm starting to wonder what will happen in Brazil as this country is the new epicenter of the pandemics and seems to be in a catastrophic situation....The dream of a strong Brazilian BO market seems pretty far now, I hope it'll get better.

Yeah it seems Brazil is still in a heavy storm. Thats said I am really starting to miss the BO, honestly I didn't think I would this way but apperently I do need some numbers to keep my head working :p

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pepsa said:

Yeah it seems Brazil is still in a heavy storm. Thats said I am really starting to miss the BO, honestly I didn't think I would this way but apperently I do need some numbers to keep my head working 😛

I always had the best predictions though xD

On 5/29/2020 at 11:13 AM, pepsa said:

Yeah it seems Brazil is still in a heavy storm. Thats said I am really starting to miss the BO, honestly I didn't think I would this way but apperently I do need some numbers to keep my head working 😛

sorry but i want to ask are the cinemas closed in brazil ?

19 hours ago, john2000 said:

sorry but i want to ask are the cinemas closed in brazil ?

I'm not Brazilian so I'm really not sure, some states seem to be in lockdown but others aren't and many don't seem to abide by the lockdown.

Even if they are open there wouldn't be much to show apart from older movies ^^"

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 4:59 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, cinemas are totally closed here in Brazil.

It seems they might reopen on July, but let's wait. 

Even if they reopen ,what will they even watch? In France people aren't exactly very excited by what's available ^^"

• Like 1

Looks like some cinemas are getting open again...For those who live in São Paulo, it looks like that way.

Not sure how is it going everywhere. Lots of stuff reopening here in Rio de Janeiro. So far, no cinemas yet, but kinoplex puts a July 30th date. So yeah, not that far away.

On 7/6/2020 at 3:42 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

How things changed since then though :ph34r: