23 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

“Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-02

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

6.99%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

Now we are talking! Huge increase today here, in line with the increase seen in Waluigi's numbers. I wonder what was the catalyst for this or if it's just "random". Maybe @Carlangonz theory about the holiday was indeed right.

“Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-01

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

9.14%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

Another really good day. Two more showings were added today, maybe they are realizing the increase and the potential? Might be the case.

Obs: I will give a final update just before shows start tomorrow to see how it finishes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

9.14%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

Another really good day. Two more showings were added today, maybe they are realizing the increase and the potential? Might be the case.

Obs: I will give a final update just before shows start tomorrow to see how it finishes.

What are the chains they have over there in Salvador?

22 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

9.14%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

“Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-00

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

12.51%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

This is the number of tickets sold between last counting yesterday and right now, which is 1 hr before the first showings begin. It lost one showing today, but the increase seems fine. Let's hope for great walkups during the this opening weekend now.

Edit: Pct. Sold fixed

Edited by Flamengo81
  • Like 4

Wednesday previews for GotG 3 started with 143k tickets sold, around R$3.1M.

This is slower start than the other recent Marvel movies Ant-Man: Quantumania (175k admissions), Wakanda Forever (270k) and Thor Love and Thunder (346k). However, WoM is good, it is possible to turn things around the next couple of days.

• Like 3

D&D made from tuesday to wednesday R$400k and 26k admissions, making it the movie number 8 to sell 1 million tickets in 2023.

Now the race begins between GotG 3 and Evil Dead Rise to who will be the movie number 9.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Like 1

Just now, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Still tracking a little behind Quantumania, I see. That said, there is a 0% chance of opening behind Quantumania.

Disney says - 2nd highest opening day of 2023 &Opening day was +15% ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

I wonder where it's going here.

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Disney says - 2nd highest opening day of 2023 &Opening day was +15% ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

I wonder where it's going here.

I think Disney is cheating a bit lol, I think they are counting OD as wednesday + thursday, and the previous movie did not released on a wednesday like this one.

• Astonished 1

“Fast X” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-12

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

0.70%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

So... quite a few shows more than what Guardians had at T-07, but probably won't match tickets solds at the same time. It seems a solid start though and Fast&Furious is very strong here in Brazil.

• Like 6

Fast X T-12 Cinemark: 7 showings, 2081 seats, 20 sold (0.98%)

Fast X T-12 Cinepolis: 4 showings, 630 seats, 4 sold (0.63%)

Fast X T-12 Moviecom: 4 showings, 593 seats, 14 sold (2.36%)

Fast X T-12 Cineflix: 5 showings, 1298 seat, 49 sold (3.78%)

Fast X T-12 Total: 4602 seats, 87 sold (1.89%)

So I thought about this and here is what I'm gonna do: I don't have time to track everyday, so from now on I will track the first day and the last 5 days and I think that is enough to give a clear picture on how it is doing over here, UNLESS someone directly ask me to check how it is going, or ask me numbers of a specific movie. If you ask me I'll glady do it for you.

Right now, it seens like a healthy start for Fast X. I also cleared the doubt, Cineflix does handle pre-sales online, just not for Guardians 3 for some reason. They actually sold more than half the numbers of all the chains of the first day, impressive.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Fast X T-12 Cinemark: 7 showings, 2081 seats, 20 sold (0.98%)

Fast X T-12 Cinepolis: 4 showings, 630 seats, 4 sold (0.63%)

Fast X T-12 Moviecom: 4 showings, 593 seats, 14 sold (2.36%)

Fast X T-12 Cineflix: 5 showings, 1298 seat, 49 sold (3.78%)

Fast X T-12 Total: 4602 seats, 87 sold (1.89%)

So I thought about this and here is what I'm gonna do: I don't have time to track everyday, so from now on I will track the first day and the last 5 days and I think that is enough to give a clear picture on how it is doing over here, UNLESS someone directly ask me to check how it is going, or ask me numbers of a specific movie. If you ask me I'll glady do it for you.

Right now, it seens like a healthy start for Fast X. I also cleared the doubt, Cineflix does handle pre-sales online, just not for Guardians 3 for some reason. They actually sold more than half the numbers of all the chains of the first day, impressive.

That seems an incredibly strong start in Natal, it sold pratically the same number of tickets than Salvador with 1/3 of seats capacity.

14 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Nice. I might ask you some numbers now and then to compare patterns with Salvador, I think it might be useful.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:30 PM, Flamengo81 said:

“Fast X” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-12

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

0.70%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

So... quite a few shows more than what Guardians had at T-07, but probably won't match tickets solds at the same time. It seems a solid start though and Fast&Furious is very strong here in Brazil.

“Fast X” Greater Salvador Region tracking: T-11

SHOWINGS

TOTAL SEATS

SEATS SOLD

PCT. SOLD

1.06%

SEATS SOLD TODAY

Not nearly enough data to judge how good or bad this second day is, but based purely on perception it seems another nice day. Assuming a similar pace of 48 tickets sold per day (which I don't think it will happen) for the next 5 days would put this at 88% of Guardians 3 at T-06 which is pretty good IMO given the different nature of the franchises.

• Like 2

~$4M for GotG 3, or ~R$19.8M, so a weekend around R$15-16M. The first movie made (on the weekend) R$12.1M, the second made R$21M.

EDIT: Scratch that as the much better number of $6.7M is being reported, R$33M.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1